Alesana - A Place Where The Sun Is Silent (2011)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Alesana - A Place Where The Sun Is Silent (2011)

34oq87k.jpg

Alesana is one of those bands that can combine a mixture of melodies with clean and screaming vocals. The screaming vocals can understandably turn some people off from their earlier work because it is a prime factor in their earlier albums. A Place Where The Sun Is Silent focuses more on the clean vocals and melodies that a couple of the other albums feature in one or two songs. If anything, there's a lot of beautiful vocals throughout the entire album, and a couple of great ballads.

In my opinion, this album steps them up a few notches in my book. They were great to me before, and that was when I dug deep into their discography with The Emptiness and On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax. But now since the release of this album, it really puts it into perspective of how much talent these guys really have. Combined with the vocalists, and the guitarist, and everything. I hold this band at a pretty high level now that they've showed their talents throughout this album.

The album comes out to 16 tracks total, and it's not like an album that just drags on. A Forbidden Dance has become my favorite off the entire album, it starts the album off with a punch and really gets you into what the rest of the album will offer.

The album isn't perfect, but it's definitely not terrible. Definitely another great release for 2011.

2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online

No members online now.