Against Me! (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I very much enjoy this band. Love The Eternal Cowboy and especially Reinventing Axl Rose. Baby I'm An Anarchist is a classic.

As for Ms. Gabel, good for her. Can't say I haven't considered doing the same thing once or twice. I've often wondered if I was one of those transgender babies that had corrective surgery immediately after birth, except that makes absolutely no sense because those surgeries are male to female.

I hope to see our technology in this area improve over the years. Sucks for trans women because you have to consciously learn to speak more highly and hormones won't get rid of your facial hair, whereas with trans men hormones will deepen your voice and grow hair. But when it comes down to genitalia no question trans women have the advantage post-op.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm sure people will make a big what-to-do and be overly critical of Tom as she is transition because there is ALWAYS that awkward starting out phase but when all is said and done I think the shoe will be on the other foot and (aside from the voice) when she can flaunt her stuff in front of everyone. ;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I have been digging in the Against Me's back catalog lately (their first two albums and various EPs) and their earlier work is absolutely visceral. They take acoustic instruments and stripped back electric guitars to some of their most emotionally intense I have ever heard on these early recordings. A lot of the credit I lean on Laura's vocals and the very strong lyrics.

Here's are a couple that have really hit me strongly...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online