Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Against Me!

againstme.jpeg

Origin Gainesville, Florida, United States
Genres Punk rock
Years active 1997–present

Band Site Home : Against Me

Against Me! is a punk rock band that formed in 1997 in Gainesville, Florida.

More of a fan of their earlier work then their recent releases, but I find it to be good as well.

Members
Tom Gabel
Andrew Seward
James Bowman
George Rebelo

Former members
Dustin Fridkin
Kevin Mahon
Warren Oakes

Studio albums
Against Me! Is Reinventing Axl Rose
Against Me! as the Eternal Cowboy
Searching for a Former Clarity
New Wave
White Crosses

Videos/Music

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Against Me!

I like Against Me!. They are refreshing drink of water in a sea of mediocre punk bands. They don't really play fast and don't just bitch and moan which in of itself is a nice change of pace. They have some fantastic lyrics (which are what drew me to them in the first place) and a very unique sound with how the integrate country and folk into punk rock.

:grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

I like Against Me!. They are refreshing drink of water in a sea of mediocre punk bands. They don't really play fast and don't just bitch and moan which in of itself is a nice change of pace. They have some fantastic lyrics (which are what drew me to them in the first place) and a very unique sound with how the integrate country and folk into punk rock.

:grinthumb

They are. Their newer albums have strayed far from their original sound they had in the first three albums, but it is still good.

They are a great live band as well. Baby I'm An Anarchist is really a great song. Loved it when I first heard it, but I kind of lost interest in them until I dated my last girlfriend. She got me back into them.

When I saw them live I it was a great concert as well.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I thought "New Wave" was alright but I think they peaked creatively at "Searching For a Former Clarity"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That said however "Thrash Unreal" is the song that got me into them and is still my favorite song by Against Me!.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

This is a nice acoustic, country flavored sort of song about lead singer Tom Gabel's heroine addiction. I think it's fantastic! :good