Adele song 'Rolling in the Deep' wakes British girl from coma

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Adele song 'Rolling in the Deep' wakes British girl from coma - msnbc.com Entertainment

Singer Adele'***** song, "Rolling in the Deep," is credited with helping a 7-year-old British girl wake from the coma she suffered after a brain hemorrhage.

Charlotte Neve suffered the hemorrhage April 11 during a normal night of watching DVDs with her family, and mother Leila told the U.K. Telegraph that the situation became so grave that "doctors told me to say goodbye."

But when "Rolling in the Deep," a song mother and daughter often sang, came on the radio, Leila Neve started singing it to her daughter and the little girl started to smile.

"It was the first time she had reacted to anything since the hemorrhage," Leila Neve told the newspaper. "The nurses were astounded and told me to keep singing, and she smiled again. The nurses said it was like I 'unlocked her' and from that day she started getting better and better."

Charlotte Neve is now recovering at home, but still suffers from partial blindness and memory loss, the Telegraph reports. The family has set up a Facebook page for donations.

Also in April, BeeGees founding member Robin Gibb awoke from a coma after his family sang and played music to him. He reportedly awoke while music from his latest composition, the classical "Titanic Requiem," was playing. Gibb died May 20 from liver and kidney failure.
Irrespective of your opinion about Adele, you've got to admire the power of music.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I heard about this. What an incredible story! I love Adele (even though I'm getting a little tired of hearing her stuff at this point and she needs some new material to wow us with). :)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Being told to tell your 7 year old daughter goodbye? Good Lord. Other than actually losing a child, I can think of no worse thing.

I'm thinking Rolling In The Deep went straight to #1 on that family's charts, and won't ever be topped.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wonderful story!

Shows not only the power of music, but the power of a mother's voice singing to her child.

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Incredible!
Indeed what music cannot do? It can even melt irons.
I am happy for the family. It would be pretty awesome if Adele pays the kid a visit!
Bless Adele.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
You know, as far as a song, or poem, or smell or whatever having the power to bring someone back from a coma, there are always going to be detractors on this topic. (not necessarily from this forum)

Skeptics take the stance of coincidence or luck or whatever, and if that's what they believe, that's cool

Then there will be the divine intervention group, which is also cool.

I don't know if there is any hard evidence to prove it, but just the fact that the nurse told the woman to keep singing obviously give some sort of creedence to the theory, at least.

Obviously, the song was special to the mother & child, they sang it together. It was a close connection for them. So, somewhere down in there, it connected.

So, I like to think that yea, it was the song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online