• Kill 'Em All - Metallica

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ace of Spades easily. If it had been Ride The Lightning I may have voted differently as that to me is vastly superior to anything on Kill Em All.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"Kill 'Em All" is far from being a fave for me from Metallica. James' prepubescent, scratchy sounding vocals on that album bother me and I don't like the piss poor production quality either. I am sure a lot of people would say that the latter adds to the effect of the album but it's not for me.

That said, I have the same gripes about early Motorhead material too but by the time "Ace of Spades" came around that was fixed.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^This dust up is about the only time I would take Lemmy & Company over anyone...never been a Motorhead fan even though they are worthy of respect.

I agree with your summation about Kill 'Em All as well, can't stand the poor production it ruins the recording for me.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not a very big fan of either album. But if I had to listen to one of them, It would be "Kill Em All"

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
To me, Ace of Spades = a VERY overrated song and album.

Kill 'em All is also overrated when looking at Metallica's first 20 years of music. But, Seek and Destroy, all by itself, is better than everything and anything Motorhead ever did. Metallica easily gets my vote based on that alone.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed that Kill Em All does have very bad production. @ LG
Seek and Destroy I think is the most overrated song Metallica have ever written aside from Master of Puppets but that one is a good song nevertheless.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online