A psychological insight into your subconcious

Fisha

Reaction score
Ok the title is an overstatement but here's what I'm talking about. I've started noticing some odd trends in some of the music in my iTunes. I noticed that I have at least 3 songs about transvestites:
nancy boy-placebo
king for a day- greenday
Lola- Kinks

I also have at least three songs which reference "the twist", you remember the dance (because you're all so much odler than me :p)-
The denial twist- The white stripes
The twist- frightenned rabbits
Anyerism- Nirvana

There's a few more interesting themes I'll bring to light when I remember thembtu I was wondering if anyone else had noticed these unusual trends in their music.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: A psycological insight into your subconcious

Hmmm.... about 90% of the new music I've gotten into in the last years' time has been sung by women.

My Neil Young fandom has coincided almost perfectly with who I am as a person, from my/Neil's early lovelorn days all the way through my/his contented adult phase. I bet I'll get into his grandpa Neil stuff when I'm older.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I play the music to suit my moods more than the other way around. For instance the other night it was German Power metal for 3 CD's, I don't play single songs as a rule except to check out posts in the forum.

Then it will be a night of Classical music with Beethoven, Bach and some of their rowdy friends.

Then a nostalgia evening with late 60's and 70's rock bands.

There really is no distinct pattern to what I play Fisha, it is all over the map.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah it's definitley all about my mood. A few weeks ago I was listening to Dire Straits non stop. This week I'm super into Caravan, as is evidenced by the avatar.:D

I'm going to a record show on Sunday so whatever I pick up there will prolly influence my musical tastes for the next few days, weeks, months or however long it takes!

And it's funny, sometimes I'll think I want to listen to something in particular, but when I put it on it just dosen't do anything for me at that moment and I end up taking it off and going for something else.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online