A Formal Introduction

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I've been neglecting my manners - I've been here a few days and haven't made my formal debut yet...

I'm another one of the folks who washed ashore here in the wake of Magic and Lord Grendel. The atmosphere they created at the old place was terrific, and if they like it here, I know I will, too. It's great to see some other old friends here as well, like Celine, Oblivion, Muzoid, C/PM User and Alocer. And I think I'm already on my way to making some new friends here, too.

I like the overall vibe of this place, though my own musical interests range a bit further afield than classic rock. I also spend a lot of time with folk, some country and bluegrass, a lot of classical and a little bit of jazz, some show and film music, as well as some more current rock. I've never had a lot of interest in buzz-saw, head-banging, death and doom music, though. Life's too short to be depressed all the time. Besides I don't have any black clothes other than a single T-shirt, and it doesn't have any band, motorcycle or liquor logos on it, and I don't own a single piece of clothing that has a chain or an unnecessary zipper.

I also have a dry sense of humor coupled with a smart-a$$ nature, which can occasionally get me in trouble (and probably did in that last paragraph), especially in a written medium like this, which makes up in obscurity what it lacks in nuance.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell, a metaphor of which my wife would surely approve. And if it helps anyone feel they can understand me better through the posting of arcane personal data, here are some of mine:

- Favorite classic rock artist: The Beatles
- 2nd favorite classic rock artist: Santana/Neil Young (tie)
- Artist (non-classical) with largest number of albums in my collection: Bruce Cockburn
- Favorite contemporary band: Guster
- Most recent album purchased: The Very Best of Lisa Loeb
- Most recent album listened to: Kate Wolf Give Yourself to Love
- Album I play for a guaranteed mood-lifter: Fountains of Wayne Welcome Interstate Managers
- All-time absolute single favorite song in the world: Cole Porter's "Anything Goes"

Last edited:

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Welcome!

I find that any humor is great .. I too have been misunderstood at times .. Oh well, if I say (write) anything that seems "strange" .. just laugh as it was most likely was ment to be funny but failed.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Craig, and don't worry we will Fill Out the genres eventually, but Classic Rock is Shaggy's main theme here.

I would like a Classical section myself and I Know you love Folk music as well.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Craig!

Welcome to the breakfast club....er....Forum.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.