cover.png
HEAVYMETALNOW.COM-Black-Sabbath-Live-Evil-album-cover.jpg

220px-Journey_Captured_LP_Cover_Art.jpg220px-Mac_Live.jpg
dokken-beast-from-the-east-cd.jpg
1607-1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Live After Death...almost picked Exit Stage Left but Iron Maiden takes this one.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've always preferred "Live Bullet" to 9 Tonight Scotty, Bob seemed to rock harder back then.:D

Reaction score
I've always preferred "Live Bullet" to 9 Tonight Scotty, Bob seemed to rock harder back then.:D

So true, he did rock harder back then. But I prefer Nine Tonight, and it is still the best of the albums listed. You have to remember I am a big fan of Southern Rock, which Bob isn't, but his music fits in well with the style.

Last edited:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I love Rush and I almost chose ESL but Maiden's Live After Death is the best on this list. The Fleetwood Mac and Journey live albums came out in 1980 but in my opinion they are 70's live albums with 70's tracks. I love Triumph but I dont think Stages is a great album, their boots from the 80's are much better and so is the KBFH album from 1981. Sabbath's is classic but 30+ years later it is still weird for me to hear Dio singing Ozzy songs.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
If All the World's a Stage had been on that list then Rush, but since it was an 80's list I went with Live Evil. It is Black Sabbath at it its peak musically, adding Dio as the vocalist, bringing Ronnies material into one of the best sounding live performances ever, musically improving the Ozzy era material, and the atmosphere to boot just makes this a hard to beat live album from anyone.

My second choice btw was Maidens Live After Death which imo is Iron Maiden at its peak. Most of the songs on that album were an improvement to the studio versions and when that happens you've got an epic freaking live album on your hands......

........And this is why btw I rank Rush's ATWAS as such a great live album, but again it's a 70's album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.