68 Forgotten Rock Supergroups

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Dam·nocracy was actually pretty decent as a band on the VH1 show. Captain Beyond has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

I've heard of about 3/4 of those groups and owned albums by quite a few of them.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The first Captain Beyond album was excellent but the follow up was heading into Santana territory?.
Sufficiently Breathless was a little different, for sure. I actually prefer that second album a bit. The third album Dawn Explosion had a different singer, but was still some quality 70's rock. The 4th album Night Train Calling from 2000 was actually pretty good too, tho only Reinhardt and Caldwell were left by then. Caldwell still tours with *a* lineup to this day.

E-Z

Reaction score
Sufficiently Breathless was a little different, for sure. I actually prefer that second album a bit. The third album Dawn Explosion had a different singer, but was still some quality 70's rock. The 4th album Night Train Calling from 2000 was actually pretty good too, tho only Reinhardt and Caldwell were left by then. Caldwell still tours with *a* lineup to this day.
The second album was on the Capricorn label from the southern states the same as the first album was (The Allman bros. were on the same label) and I bought the second album on cd from the HMV store in London about 15 years ago and played it but I didn't go much on it compared to the first album. With regards to me saying that it went in to Santana territory musically that is what I read about the second album 15 years ago so I was expecting some 'conga drums' on the tracks?. As for the third album Dawn Explosion I also came across it unexpectedly again in the HMV store about a year after I bought the second album and bought it on cd but after listening to it never played it again I think some of the original line up that were on the first Captain Beyond album had left by then.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I guess you'd consider the Traveling Wilburys rock, certainly as rock & roll as some of the other bands on that list.

It doesn't get much more "super" than those 5 (4) guys.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online