Strangest Deaths In Rock

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Never knew that....one wonders why Dylan needed to do that when he had 3 bandmates and friends one presumes. :hm:
Nowt stranger than folk (me ma's saying)... which is of course true.. Mick and Keith failed to attend Brian's funeral. Bob Dylan was good buddies with Brian and bought the coffin of copper, brass with silver to preserve him 12 feet down. The local plod (cops) used the strapline that this was to "deter grave robbers and souvenir types".... in reality Mr. Zimmerman knew that Brian died from drowning in FRESH water (there was a pump and tap water butt) beside the pool... The swimming pool had recently been treated and cleaned and hence full of chlorine... hardly any was found in his lungs. I've seen many accounts where John Lennon was disgusted at Brian's fate and subsequent treatment of him by 'the Glimmer Twins.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Nowt stranger than folk (me ma's saying)... which is of course true.. Mick and Keith failed to attend Brian's funeral. Bob Dylan was good buddies with Brian and bought the coffin of copper, brass with silver to preserve him 12 feet down. The local plod (cops) used the strapline that this was to "deter grave robbers and souvenir types".... in reality Mr. Zimmerman knew that Brian died from drowning in FRESH water (there was a pump and tap water butt) beside the pool... The swimming pool had recently been treated and cleaned and hence full of chlorine... hardly any was found in his lungs. I've seen many accounts where John Lennon was disgusted at Brian's fate and subsequent treatment of him by 'the Glimmer Twins.
That makes me dislike Mick and Keith even more than I already do. :(

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Brian was a genius. They owe him everything, without him, they wouldn't even have a band to be in. ******* repulsive.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Used to be a Stones fan but not anymore,,,,,their early albums captured the true heart of rock and roll and even pop at times (Ruby Tuesday, et al) but the later ones after Its Only Rock n Roll(1974) were attempts to rewrite their early songs and capture their old sound.
Read an article the other day that they and a few other old bands need to retire from touring.
Is it time...?

Perhaps this should be in the Stones thread or we should start one about old tired rock bands....?
;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online