60s/70s song(s) stuck in my head, to ID

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I woke from a short nap and I had a song playing in my head that I haven't heard in years, don't know the artist or name of the track but here are some of the sparse and ever-typical lyrics:

after(?) the spring, and then she goes back
hi-hi-hi-hiding
summer days
those summer days

[and some 'bomp-bomp-bomp' type of improv]

hot fun in the summer sun(?)
(repeated multiple times)

The song sounds like it might date back to the late 60s/early 70s; the band sounds lots like Sly and the Family Stone (and even a little like Chicago, with the brass and whatnot).

And then another one popped into my head shortly thereafter; I know I've heard this song and I know it exists but it's been so many years that I wouldn't know it.

All I can remember is a female voice, an isolated bass guitar and some sparse lyrics:

it's so groovy now(? could also be 'wonderful' or some other three-syllable phrase)
people are finally getting together

But if I'm not mistaken, a song called "98.6" might precede that section. It sounds very typical of the late 60s west coast hippie/psych rock stuff that was popular at the time.

Usually I know my stuff through and through but I know that I'm younger than the lot of you, so there's bound to be someone who might remember either of these songs. (And you could put my overactive, music-wired mind at rest.)

Thanks in advance (especially if you post a video from youtube - I'd love to hear either one once verified).

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
It kind of warms my heart that you two aren't much older than I am and yet you have a decent knowledge of excellent music.

I think there might be hope for our generation.

Oh, I have so much more to learn hun. I am so far behind everyone on here.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online