4 70's Alice Cooper albums poll

4 70's Alice Cooper albums

• Total voters

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Between Killer and Nightmare. Is one better than the other? Or are they just both very good, but very different albums? Depends on my mood really.
Ok, most of the time I'm in the mood to rock, so I'm going Killer!

E-Z

Reaction score
1.Love It to Death. Can't really see why some rock fan's rate this album a lot cos it doesn't do nothing for me??.
2.Killer. This album has a couple of good numbers on it and is a slightly better listen to there first album Love It To Death.
3.School's Out. The title track is a 'classic rock' song in it's own right but the rest of the album is quite forgettable.
4.Welcome To My Nightmare. A better album all around compared to the previous three albums mentioned but only just.

"Billion Dollar Babies is about his or the bands best album from the 1970s the rest of his 1970s albums are fairly average compared to what other rock acts were putting out during that same time period."

E-Z

Last edited:

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
"Billion Dollar Babies is about his or the bands best album from the 1970s the rest of his 1970s albums are fairly average compared to what other rock acts were putting out during that same time period."

E-Z

But it's just an opinion. A lot of people trashed the 80s albums, "Flush the Fashion", "Who Do You Think We Are", "Da Da" etc, and Alice himself says he barely remembers making them, but I have a great fondness for them. Partly to do with the memories they bring from the time when I first heard them, but I also love those albums in their own right.

I went off Alice when "Constrictor" came out - it just wasn't the Alice I knew. It took me a long time to come back to him, but I've since fallen in love with "Dirty Diamonds", "the Eyes of...", "Brutal Planet" and "The Last Temptation", as well as many tracks from others since the Alice "golden age" - better not to have favourites perhaps, just love em all!

E-Z

Reaction score
But it's just an opinion. A lot of people trashed the 80s albums, "Flush the Fashion", "Who Do You Think We Are", "Da Da" etc, and Alice himself says he barely remembers making them, but I have a great fondness for them. Partly to do with the memories they bring from the time when I first heard them, but I also love those albums in their own right.

I went off Alice when "Constrictor" came out - it just wasn't the Alice I knew. It took me a long time to come back to him, but I've since fallen in love with "Dirty Diamonds", "the Eyes of...", "Brutal Planet" and "The Last Temptation", as well as many tracks from others since the Alice "golden age" - better not to have favourites perhaps, just love em all!
Funny that you should say that you like the 1980s albums because I do as well and I also like some of the more recent albums he's put out in the last 10 years as well although I am not exclusively a Alice Cooper fan I'm a fan of 1970s & 1980s rock in general although I do occasionally listen to Billion Dollar Babies and some of his early 1980s albums when I'm in the mood.

E-Z

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Alice is definitely one of my favourites - I won't say I've got an absolute favourite artist, any more than I have an absolute favourite album! - but something by him is almost always in the mix I'm playing at any one time. But across the years that he's been recording, there's something in his catalogue to suit almost any mood, and that's one of the things I love about his music.
I'm into even more recent rock than the 80s, but I notice the ones I go to most definitely show influences from the 70s and 80s. Well, that's when I was a kid growing up with it all, so no surprise that they were formative years in my music taste.

Closer to the topic, I also actually have moods when "Love It To Death" is top of the list - usually darker moods! I will have to change my vote every day!

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online