2015 Releases in Metal and Rock

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair enough, but the vocalist plays a very important part in how much I enjoy an album.

Of course but what I meant was I don't care who the vocalist is as long as they and the music are good.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The new Orchid album drops in May. Sign Of The Witch.

Last edited:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Here's what I have so far, all good but some better than others. :)

Venom
Manilla Road
Visigoth
Wheel
Battle Beast
Satan's Host

I have all those other then Wheel & Battle Beast. VISIGOTH is good but loving the others.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a new Nile record in the works too. I am in the minority who actually enjoyed At The Gates of Sethu.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Looks like a new Nile record in the works too. I am in the minority who actually enjoyed At The Gates of Sethu.

That's great news. Nile is one of my favourite extreme metal bands. "At The Gates of Sethu" is a much better record than it gets credit for, but it's not quite up there with the bands previous releases imo. Still better than what most current death metal bands have to offer. The band is also fantastic live btw!

@Ar-Pharazon: I was right about Xandria. No new album this year, but they will release a new EP. They are recording it right now and supposedly, it will include three brand new tracks, one or two cover songs and two remakes of well-known Xandria classics. I'm really looking forward to this! :woot:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score

Love that album and will be purchasing the next one in blind buy as usual.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
@Ar-Pharazon: I was right about Xandria. No new album this year, but they will release a new EP. They are recording it right now and supposedly, it will include three brand new tracks, one or two cover songs and two remakes of well-known Xandria classics. I'm really looking forward to this! :woot:

Any new Xandria this soon is great.

I wonder if the covers will be anything I know. Within Temptation did a bunch of covers I never heard of from bands I never heard of.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Any new Xandria this soon is great.

I wonder if the covers will be anything I know. Within Temptation did a bunch of covers I never heard of from bands I never heard of.

Here's an update:

The new EP “FIRE & ASHES” will be released on July 31st! The EP will contain 3 new songs, 2 re-makes and 2 covers.

“FIRE and ASHES” track list:

– Voyage Of The Fallen
– Unembraced
– In Remembrance
– I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
Meat Loaf cover
– Ravenheart
Original version on ‘Ravenheart’, 2004
– Now & Forever
Original version on ‘India’, 2005
– Don’t Say A Word
Sonata Arctica cover

Fire-and-Ashes-300x300.jpg

Really looking forward to this. The Sonata cover could be interesting, but I'm much more excited about the Meat Loaf cover and the 3 new songs (of course).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online