2014 Releases in Rock/Metal

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
@Tray73 wow ....are u just like the coolest chick ever or what ? It's called The Year the Sun Died and it will be out here in the US October 7th.

Oh bless ya :flirt

One of my art college mates put me onto Refuge Denied back in '88, I just loved the song Die For My Sins, and it remains a firm favourite :grinthumb The up and coming new album shall be put on my wish list :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
In a couple of years Rob will be 65, those vocals coming from somebody of his age just blow my mind!
Yep, I hear ya. I saw them in concert back in 2008 during the Nostradomus tour and his vocals were good, but they certainly weren't on par with the last time I had seen them which was on the Painkiller tour. But I took into account his age and being live without the possible studio tweaks and enjoyed the hell out of that concert. His studio work here again is very good, especially for his age.

Speaking of which, the ONLY guy that I can think of in his 60's that sounds as good today as he did 30 to 40 years ago is Sammy Hagar who is now 66. Whether you're a fan of the guy or not... his vocals now are top notch and he can still sing anything he did in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Oh bless ya :flirt

One of my art college mates put me onto Refuge Denied back in '88, I just loved the song Die For My Sins, and it remains a firm favourite :grinthumb The up and coming new album shall be put on my wish list :)

Great album and song. Their sophomore release Into The Mirror Black is even more awesome then Refuge IMO.You should also check out Nevermore if you haven't already.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yep, I hear ya. I saw them in concert back in 2008 during the Nostradomus tour and his vocals were good, but they certainly weren't on par with the last time I had seen them which was on the Painkiller tour. But I took into account his age and being live without the possible studio tweaks and enjoyed the hell out of that concert. His studio work here again is very good, especially for his age.

Speaking of which, the ONLY guy that I can think of in his 60's that sounds as good today as he did 30 to 40 years ago is Sammy Hagar who is now 66. Whether you're a fan of the guy or not... his vocals now are top notch and he can still sing anything he did in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

One of the things which blew me away the most when we saw Priest live a few years ago was Rob's voice, he was damn near perfect for the whole of the concert, and really did put Geoff Tate's (supporting act) voice to shame. Yeah it's one of the unfortunate things that come with age, losing the power in the voice.

Great album and song. Their sophomore release Into The Mirror Black is even more awesome then Refuge IMO.You should also check out Nevermore if you haven't already.

Will do :grinthumb

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
FF8.jpg

My most anticipated release of 2014

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new Flying Colours album is great.