2014 Releases in Rock/Metal

Pappy

Reaction score
The album I was most looking forward to this year was Priest's album. It met expectations. But my favorite rock/metal album of the year is no question Accept - Blind Rage

Ever since they hit restart on their career with Blood Of The Nations they've been on fire. If you crave classic heavy metal you must own this one.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still eagerly awaiting my copy of the new Accept album Blind Rage. Heard so many good things and given Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad were both terrific I'm keen as to hear Blind Rage.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^ Was just about to say, got a vinyl copy of that album and it's definitely in top 3 of this year's releases so far.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the release of the new Obituary, Electric Wizard and the come back album
from Sanctuary. ....Warrel Dane and Jim Sheppard both ex-Nevermore returnto their original band that spawned the mighty Nevermore. Can hardly want for the last one. Got me as excited as kid on Christmas.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new Obituary song wasn't very impressive at all imo.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Best straight up metal album (for me) would have to be Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls

:bow:

:oy:

JudasPriestRedeemerSouls.png

With every listen this just gets better and better :tup:

I'm looking forward to the release of the new Obituary, Electric Wizard and the come back album
from Sanctuary
. ....Warrel Dane and Jim Sheppard both ex-Nevermore returnto their original band that spawned the mighty Nevermore. Can hardly want for the last one. Got me as excited as kid on Christmas.

Sanctuary are releasing a new album??? This is great to hear :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
With every listen this just gets better and better :tup:
I agree. At first I was a bit lukewarm on the guitars. Actually a bit disappointed with some of the guitar work, but the more I listen to it, the more I am really loving this album. When I first saw people saying it was better than Angel of Retribution, I scoffed. Now I think they might be right. It could very well be the best thing they've done since Painkiller

:oy:

:grinthumb

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@Tray73 wow ....are u just like the coolest chick ever or what ? It's called The Year the Sun Died and it will be out here in the US October 7th.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
First play through I was mega impressed, but it really does keep getting better with each listen, and contrary to what some people think I think Rob's voice is nigh on as good as ever. In a couple of years Rob will be 65, those vocals coming from somebody of his age just blow my mind!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online