2010 bands that sound like 60's 70's Classic Rock??

rock

Reaction score
in case you don't know these bands here are a few that i thought sound reminiscent of 60's 70's classic rock.
1. Radio Moscow
2. Left Lane Cruiser
3. The Fumes
4. The Blackwater Fever
5. Jackson Firebird
and a great actual 60's rock band that everyone should know is Truth and Janey. they were unbelievable! but as far as a 2010 band with classic rock sound, you won't find any better band than Radio Moscow.
check um out!

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
The Strokes try to be:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f47/strokes-1127/

but not with complete success.

:(

I definately agree that The Strokes are one of the best modern bands in terms of continuing the traditional classic rock feel with their songs. Although they have been known to use drum machines in some of their songs, and the new album sounds a bit different than their earlier stuff, where else would the music industry move if not forward? Julian Casablancas's solo album was also a pretty groovy record. He even said, that in the process of writing songs for it, he compiled a CD of 80s songs that he wanted to sound most like. (And I even heard a rumor that he used some snippets of beats from the songs in his own.) But whether or not that was true, it still turned out to be a solid record. In many ways, I see Julian Casablancas as the 'modern-day Jim Morrison'. Which shows very clearly, because his most influencial band in terms of songwriting are The Doors.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
Well it depends on what angle your coming from...

AC/DC, Motley Crue, maybe even Metalica fans would enjoy(or hate) Airbourne

Fans of Roy Harper, Simon and Garfunkel, or Acoustic Led Zeppelin would enjoy The Fleet Foxes.

Fans of Syd Barret era Pink Floyd would enjoy Grizzly Bear. (about as close as you can get without getting weird with awkward obscure bands. I'm pretty sure they do psychedelic drugs too...)

There are a few more to be noted.

'A Band of Bees' or simply 'The Bees'

John Lennon's son Sean Lennon

Franz Ferdinand

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps!

MintRainbow

Reaction score
I had to register to this site just to post in this thread. This song by Graveyard has been stuck in my head for over a week (it can be downloaded for free from Amazon as a promo):

These guys sound like they could be recording this in 1971. Great stuff. So I was inspired to create a "Fake Sixties" playlist on my iPod with similar music that borrowed their entire sound from the sixties/early seventies (or at least a great deal of it) and after a handful of bands that I was able to come up with on my own, I typed "Bands that sound like the sixties" into Google and came up with this thread. I spent a great deal of time listening to the bands recommended here and downloaded a lot of music this afternoon, then I put it all on my iPod and worked out for an hour while listening to some excellent stuff that I hadn't heard before today. ^_^ Thanks for the recommendations!

Graveyard is a Swedish band on Nuclear Blast, usually a metal label, but they fit in very well with the other bands listed here.

Canada's the High Dials trade in a 60's sound -- usually more of a pop sound, but very 60's.

The****king Eagles from Tacoma WA could possibly work -- kind of a bluesy garage sound.

I put the Raconteurs on my playlist. I'd assume most here know who they are, and I guess they may not count as a "2010's" band per se, but anyway, this song especially has got a very retro sound to my ears...

Also Sean Lennon's new band Ghost of a Saber Toothed Tiger, very 60's pop sound.

Last edited:

StonerSabbath

Reaction score
Maybe vinum sabbatum, these guys from sweden are a mix of black sabbath and deep purple totally kicks ass

cheers,Jordan:cheers:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online