1 hit wonders of the 90's

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
James' "Born Of Frustration"?

Naturally the band had plenty of songs on the UK Charts (not that any of them were any good imo), but here in the states this non-charting song got plenty of airplay on the local Alternative radio station in the early 90's. Their only song on the U.S. Charts was "Laid" which "peaked" at No. 64. I think Born Of Frustration is a Bone-Fide hit song even if the charts say otherwise.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Jeez! thanks Dave i had forgotten about James...other than Sit Down song..i was having babies around this time..and putting in hard days in construction..lots probably passed me by. All i Want is You by Sheryl Crowe was massive in England..around these times..as was Zombie, I Didn't Start The Fire, Buffalo Stance- we used to alter the lyrics on site for the craic...that flippin' Hanson song did my head in!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
After double checking Wiki, while "Born Of Frustration" didn't chart in the U.S. on Billboard's Top 100 (the chart I first checked before I posted earlier), I see the song did hit No. 5 on the U.S. Alternative charts, so it seems the song did make a splash here in the U.S.

A spalsh that apparently didn't go unnoticed by Westin Hotels who used the song in one of their tv commercials in the early 2000's. :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Tonic was a one-hit wonder of the 1990's with this excellent track:

"If You Could Only See" Tonic (1997)

That's the only song that I can remember from these guys. Good tune. Didn't typically like this style/genre, but there's a cool hook to this song.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Dishwalla is a One-Hit Wonder or not. In 1995, "Counting Blue Cars" hit No. 1 in the U.S., although the band had three other songs on the charts in the 90's with peak positions of 17, 24 and 85. Hmm...

mrblond

Reaction score
Meredith Brooks - Bitch (1997)
What a great song!

Sorry if this was posted before.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online