☆The Plenty Of 1970☆

Old Nick

Reaction score
EXCELLENT!!. I really like BLACKFOOT and would like to get a few more of their albums such as No Reservations 1975 and Flying High 1976. I was playing STRIKES and TOMCATTING earlier this morning to start the day. I prefer Ricky Medlocke fronting Blackfoot along with Charlie Hargrett, Jackson Spires & Gregg Walker circa 1975-1984 rather than Ricky being in Skynyrd although with the death of Gary Rossington may be it's the end of Skynyrd??
Yes absolutely. I agree. Skynyrd is a different animal itself. Sad about Gary Rossington RIP. Strikes it's very different and unique. It's electrifying. Good ol 70's. Hell yeah

E-Z

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. I agree. Skynyrd is a different animal itself. Sad about Gary Rossington RIP. Strikes it's very different and unique. It's electrifying. Good ol 70's. Hell yeah
I watched that YOUtube video of Blackfoot performing The Highway Song from 1982 in Italy and I was very impressed with their performance especially that of Ricky and Charlie who were 'well into it' giving it 100% in front of a full-house of screaming fans!!.

As you say 'Skynyrd' were or are a different animal and they have to much history to carry around. I hope they put the band to bed now although the younger Johnny Van Zant and Ricky Medlocke may well want to carry it on??.

E-Z

Reaction score
I always liked Cactus going back about 40 years ago when I first came across them on a live album of the 1970 Isle of Wight festival playing on a couple of live tracks on the album and about 6 months ago I bought a cd box set of all there studio albums and some previously unreleased live recordings from the early 1970s.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
What a year this was.... there was a lady three doors up (Julie) that turned tricks... we'd tip an ear to the bedroom window - some great tunes came from that sash.
Immersed in so much personal mire and being somewhat young... I never really appreciated this song... playing yarddog and licking a lollypop on Julie's stoop just passed me by... not now though
mmm! 1970.
Rodriguez - Crucify Your Mind.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online