• ZZ Top

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Whitesnake

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Texas King

Reaction score
Which rock band you like better?
And if you are not familiar with early output of both bands, you better don't vote because your vote won't be accurate.

Whitesnake for me!

Texas King

Reaction score
One of the easiest polls ever....

ZZ Top and it's not even close!

Can you explain how you are sure it's not even close? In what ways not even close?

ZZ Top became a lame poser band during the 80's MTV-era. I can barely see any quality in their albums Eliminator and Afterburner(awful album). Their 70's stuff are musically very good, no doubt. They peaked with Tres Hombres.
I don't see also a commercial-era WS stuff as great at all, but it's OK, S/T (1987) album has some good rocking songs and one lame hit ballad (Is This Love) but their bluesy period with the legacy of Deep Purple with Lord, Paice and Moody/Mardsen in line-up was stellar, esp.with such a great voice as Coverdale was back then.

So I don't get the ignorance towards Whitesnake. They were undoubtedly a great rock band in one period(though they could never touch either Deep Purple or Rainbow) and they deserve some recognition and respect for that.
You don't have to be into their music or a fan of their music, but you shouldn't view them as a band that is in a same league with KISS or Motley Crue.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Whitesnake. Both are great, but I vote like this, just because that when I've compared the quantity of favourite songs by every of them - Whitesnake wins with a crushing score. 2_sm5.gif

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Can you explain how you are sure it's not even close? In what ways not even close?

Because you asked, and I quote, "Which rock band you like better?". I love ZZ Top (Prefer their 70s albums, but also enjoy the later stuff) and I do not like Whitesnake at all. I do respect them and I think David Coverdale used to be a great singer - I love his work with Deep Purple - but Whitesnake is just not my thing.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
ZZ Top....By a zillion miles. Whitesnake albums per-1987 are awesome....imho

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online