YOUR SAY: Meat Loaf in Australia's AFL Grand Final

Meat Loaf - The Verdict

• He didn't perform that well. But it was still better than any Aussie!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's over the hill. Metaphorically, of course. I can't see him actually climbing a hill

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Not a bad effort, considering the circumstances.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave Meat Loaf alone!!!!! *cries*

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Now forgive me for being off on this one but is that female singer been the same one with him for a long time because she sounds great! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No those change Soot.

Maybe he should consider what Queen is doing and put together a Meatloaf tribute show that can tour.

Get this guy...this is the old Meatloaf voice and he looks like him too. :pullhair:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
No Priest, I won't kill you for what you had to say. I'm not a Meat Loaf fan with rose colored glasses. :heheh:

Considering what everyone was saying, I was actually expecting this performance to be worse. That said however....it was in no way good. First of all I didn't think the medley was strung together terrifically ("All Revved Up With No Place To Go" was an interesting choice to close with). Vocally though I can't say I'm entirely surprised by this. Meat always has been a very punishing singer and it's more than obvious that he was struggling and straining his voice a lot. Usually he moves around a lot more (not that he had a huge stage to work anyway) but he was clinging to the mic almost as much as Ozzy was. If you ask me I think a lot of it was Meat just having a bad day. The older he gets the harder time he has singing his songs (as is the case with most singers) but I've never seen him this bad. I think what he needs right now is to rest his voice.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
He was shit, enough said. I am a fan of his music and sorry if that offends Meat Loaf fans but I wont sugarcoat it, I thought that was a terrible performance lol
I agree Soot one bad performance doesn't make a bad artist.
Seeing as it was AFL Grand Final it actually doesn't bother me, I hate the sport. I might check out Meat Loafs new album since its out now.

He was AWFUL and he was paid a huge amount of money. As if an Aussie singer couldn't have performed at an AFL Grand Final and probably for half the money.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Meatloaf replies to criticism of his performance at the AFL Grand Final.

US rocker Meatloaf says the AFL are jerks, and he's vowed to convince other artists not to perform at the grand final. The 64-year-old's grand final pre-match performance, as well as his high price tag, were widely criticised in the media. He was reportedly paid in excess of $500,000, a figure he disputes.

But Meatloaf has blamed the AFL, saying they did not provide a live piano or enough time for a sound check and he could not hear the music in his earpiece.

"I'm sorry, they're jerks. I do not like them," he said of the AFL, News Ltd reports.
"And I'll tell you what, anybody that I hear announces that they're going to play for them I'm going to write to that particular artist a letter and tell them not to.
"And I hope the AFL hears this and I want this everywhere. Because I will go out of my way to tell any artist do not play for them."

The rocker said it was impossible to put on a good show in the allocated area.

The AFL declined to comment.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta love him slagging AFL, tbh it is such a shit game to watch anyway, **** AFL.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.