Your Favourite Pieces.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You would enjoy Schumann's cello concerto then Shaz...it's so beautiful one of my favorite cello bits for sure.

MaryGreen

Reaction score
Recently I started to listen to a young viola player Maxim Rysanov and found out that I like his performances a lot! Here’s one of them with cello and piano:

If you like it as I do you can listen to his new works in collaboration with the same cellist (Kristina Blaumane), but another pianist (Jacob Katsnelson) at onyxclassics site where I found it few days ago.

Last edited:

Marbles

Reaction score
I love Beethoven, Rachmaninov and Brahms in their entirety but, if I had to name my favourite classical piece, I would go for Smetana's "Ma Vlast" and particularly for the "Vltava" section.

On a more contemporary note, I think that it's probably well known that I adore much of Jon Lord's classical work, having bought them all from "Sarabande" onwards, in '76.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Ma Vlast is a fantastic piece, Smetana's most famous composition and it's in my top 20 as well Marbles.:mn:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I always try to find some time each day to immerse myself in classical/baroque/choral music, especially right now since my wife is a professional violinist, and she began in her new role earlier this week with her first concert with her new orchestra here, and rather nervously as one would expect, bless her, but we are very excited for her future.

Here's some wonderful life-affirming pieces that I have been listening to a lot lately, and by some of the greatest composer geniuses in all music...I could listen to these pieces repeatedly all day long and never tire of their flawless perfection....

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
If you have a turntable head to your local thrift stores. You can get Classical albums (and CD's) for nearly nothing.

I used to go to bed listening to a few favorites. Those guys were the Prog superstars of their era. But what about the ladies...?

Autostraddle — Ladies of Note: A Brief History of Women Composers, ***** and Otherwise

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm not buying anymore used Classical vinyl albums, usually they are damaged or noisy. I am happy with my CD collection, and they did a much better job with Classical recordings than Rock did with theirs on CD's.

I have bought some new Classical vinyl LP's, but 2 of them are really noisy for some reason and that pissed me off no end. My one complaint would be for vinyl plants to have some sort of computerized quality control check of the finished record, that way you won't order one and get a copy with a gouge in the surface which I have experienced twice so far. The one drawback about buying vinyl records, classical or any other genre.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.