Your Favourite Pieces.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
There are certain works that really catch my ear but as a real novice more often than not I just don't know who the composer is or even the name of the piece. I thought it would be a good idea to get folk to just post their favourites and maybe I will pick up a bit as we go. :cheers2

Prokofiev .. great stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's a tidbit from a famous duelist...Modesto Mussorgsky's "Night on a Bald Mountain".

Harkat

Reaction score
I don't listen to much classical but this piece is one of my favorites so far:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
LG that made me think of a build up of high wind and rain, the eye of calm then the storm and eventually the easing off .. first time I've heard that one (and I only know Pictures through E.L.P.).

Harkat I could read all night with that in the background really peaceful .. again a first for me.

One of my first brushes with Classical, I heard it as a kid and it just always stuck in my head.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I enjoyed that Magic ,, imagine how it must feel to be able to play like that.

Here's one that LG put me onto, excellent stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some good choices all around, Freddie from Harkat, Rachy from Magic and Edvard and Camille from Sox.:D

I have all of those bits myself.:mn:

Here's another noted duelist and a firebrand of a man, Hector Berlioz and one of his overtures.

Roman Carnival Overture.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I better get my pencil sharpened cos I can see I've got some jotting down of names and titles to do.

The timing of these musicians is unreal, I know they are professionals but even so it's awesome.

Great stuff LG.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You only really need one Berlioz CD Sox, "Symphonie Fantastique" every version I have has the Roman Carnival Overture and a couple others as well as the main piece included.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online