Your favorite style/genre of music is...

YOUR FAVORITE GENRE IS...

• Alternative/Punk Rock.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Big Band/Swing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bluegrass.

• Blues.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Chanson.

• Chicano Rock.

• Christian.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Classic/Progressive Rock.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Country.

• Dance/Disco.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Folk.

• Funk.

• Goth Rock.

• Hard Rock.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Holiday Tunes.

• Indie.

• Instrumentals/Classical.

• Irish/Mariachi/Salsa.

• Jazz.

• Metal.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pop/Soft Rock.

• Rap.

• R&B/Soul.

• World.

• Other. (Please Label)

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

ANTHEM

Reaction score
What about trash can beating with blue bald guys ?:oyea: Gotta love the 90's:oyea:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I voted Hard Rock but I listen to all kinds of rock, mostly from the mid 60's to late 80's. I used to be almost exclusively all metal but now I dont limit myself to any one kind of music. I guess I'd have to say my favorite style of music is guitar riff oriented rock and heavy metal, with both ends of the spectrum being from folk rock of the 60's to thrash metal of the 80's.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I still disagree, I will always consider them rock. Guess it depends on the way people look at it.

I don't care where shopping centres puts their albums or what some people seem to label them as loosely, I still strongly disagree with labelling their music as pop.
Even the Australian news reporters recognized/labeled them as a Pop group. Didn't you read my article(s) from them or all the many other Australian articles about the famous Divinyls Pop group? Wikipedia is fine & many can agree or disagree with what they label a group as. Wikipedia is just 1 example though. I didn't have to work hard at all to find those articles clearly stating that the Divinyls were/are a Pop group from & popular in Australia. If Rock was even mentioned about the Divinyls in any of the few other articles, it was still consistently labeled as Pop Rock, which isn't much different. Go to Australia or outside it. Australia(ns) will still write about the once popular band known as the Divinyls as a purely Pop group. Period!

Once again, don't be offended. I'm only stating the facts not cursing the band that (like I said before) I too once liked. It is what it is. Metal is Metal (Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest), Country is Country (Trisha Yearwood, Shania Twain, Faith Hill), Blues is Blues (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Albert King, Eric Clapton), Rap is Rap (Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg), Disco is Disco (Donna Summer, Bee Gees, Diana Ross) & obviously Pop is Pop (Michael Jackson, Backstreet Boys, Bobby Brown, Britney Spears, Seal, Sheryl Crow...once a rocker, Jessica Simpson & the Divinyls too).

Plus what did they ever have 1-3 "hits"? Those definitely would be labeled Pop. Just take it all in & you'll feel alright & be calm knowing what they are & that's a Pop band. Period! End of discussion. The debate's closed.:****:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Genre debate aside (which I still disagree with you on lol) I think its cool that there is a petition to get a Chrissy Amphlett street named after her.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
I gotta go with The Blues, without The Blues we wouldn't have lot's of the great Rock that we all know and love today.. So give me The Blues..

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I gotta go with The Blues, without The Blues we wouldn't have lot's of the great Rock that we all know and love today.. So give me The Blues..
I like how every style has kinda been influenced by other styles even when artists create what they'd call "new", they had to have been influenced by atleast 1-2 other genres easily. I like how things evolve because without that we'd only have the past & that's what makes original & "new" artists so exciting to see/hear from. Music is the greatest (or atleast one of the greatest) things around. Nothing better on this Earth.:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online