Your Biggest 2012 Find

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Of all the new music (or at least new to you, anyway) you discovered in 2012, what were your biggest finds?

2012 was my year of discovering quite a bit of pretty good 'chick music'. Some new, some not so new.

These are the ones I'm most fond of:

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Really, really like this group. Really good vibe, lots of energy.

And this girl, Orianthi. She was slated to be Michael Jackson's guitar player on his This Is It tour.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Glad you ended up liking Grace so much Vehicle. I remember your reaction in that particular thread where I posted them and wondered whether you kept listening to them afterward or not. :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I love Grace. I think she kicks ass and is one hell of a singer but I wasn't all that impressed with her newest album. I think the three that came before it were much better, especially the one that came right before it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I love Grace. I think she kicks ass and is one hell of a singer but I wasn't all that impressed with her newest album. I think the three that came before it were much better, especially the one that came right before it.

I highly disagree! I think her newest rocks harder and has more soul than anything prior! :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
We're at a lot of odd ends on stuff from this year, aren't we Bryan? :heheh:

Khor1255

Reaction score
My biggest find was actually a group from the early 70s I can't believe I missed. I 'discovered' them thanks to this site.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Glad you ended up liking Grace so much Vehicle. I remember your reaction in that particular thread where I posted them and wondered whether you kept listening to them afterward or not. :)

Oh, yea. Stayed in heavy rotation in my car stereo for a month straight. Long enough to soak in some lyrics and decide which tracks weren't gonna make the cut (Parachute Heart), and which would be on future mix/compilation cds (Timekeeper,
The Lion The Beast The Beat, Tiny Light)

Recently unseated by Paramore, though.

But, the great thing about music is you don't have to give up one for the other. You can just keep adding to your list.:)

Last edited:

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
I guess mine would be...

UFO 2 Import LP. Very pricey and mint. I got it for a really fair price.
KISS - Originals with all the stickers, cards, booklet, patch and bonus material. Vinyl is near mint. Cover looks pretty great, just average wear.
High Tide - Sea Shanties LP
Highway Robbery - For Love Of Money LP
The Exploited - **** The System LP, which completes my "official discography" by them. Now I just need some oddball releases.
Discharge - Self Titled LP from 2001. Incredible same power and fury of the early 80's stuff.

I'm sure there were plenty others, but those are what really stand out at the moment.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online