YOU CHOOSE:CRF Rock Hall of Fame nominations-Tom Petty Talking Heads, etc

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to new voter oscar gamble. Looks like a little more old school vote. Gotta say I agree with a lot of it. Remember there is a new vote every week, we need all the voters we can get!

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
Talking Heads
John Mellencamp
Blondie
Ramones

Hall & Oates
The Drifters
The Spinners
Al Green
Dusty Springfield
The Doobie Brothers
Wilson Pickett
REO Speedwagon
Hawkwind
Jan & Dean
New York Dolls

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
Welcome to new voter oscar gamble. Looks like a little more old school vote. Gotta say I agree with a lot of it. Remember there is a new vote every week, we need all the voters we can get!

May even be some write-ins, next time. For instance, I didn't notice Sam & Dave listed. Could have just missed them though.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
The Ramones
The Runaways
Sex Pistols
Y&T

Status Quo
The Velvet Underground
Free
Ted Nugent
Foghat
The Stooges
MC5
New York Dolls
Rory Gallagher
Lou Reed
Little Feat

Seriously... Why no love for US Punk?

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Golden Earring
King Crimson
Hawkwind
Wishbone Ash
America
Gerry Rafferty
Manhattan Transfer
Nazareth
Rory Gallagher
Blue Oyster Cult
Greenslade
Camel
Mike Oldfield
Montrose
Robin Trower

Hey Big Ears,

Why no Alan Parsons Project nomination from you this time?

They were only one vote short of an induction last round!

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
May even be some write-ins, next time. For instance, I didn't notice Sam & Dave listed. Could have just missed them though.

Since we have been doing this for 17 vote cycles now, I have pared down the list I publish each cycle. For a band in the Cleveland Hall of Fame, I wait until they receive no support at all for 10 cycles in a row before I take them off the list. That was the case for Sam & Dave (which may give you an idea on if you should bother with them). If you do vote for someone not on the list, no problem, I will restore them to the published list again the next cycle. However, just keep in mind that they had at least 5 straight cycles (for non Cleveland Hall of Famers) with no support, so you better also include a good argument why others should vote for them too.:grinthumb

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
T

Seriously... Why no love for US Punk?

Good question. Punk does not seem to be a big topic around these boards for some reason. With the Ramones and The Sex Pistols, this is the first year for some of the bigger punk names. It would appear that the Ramones will be a nominee for next week's induction, as well as New York Dolls, so there at least is some support. The godfathers like MC5 and The Stooges have had a little support too, but not enough to get in yet.

Personally I have voted for MC5 several times before, and votd for New York Dolls and Ramones this time. I will certainly support The Clash when their time comes. Sex Pistols though? I think Bollocks is a fantastic album, but that is all they did. I have a lot of trouble voting for a band that made just one album.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Hey Big Ears,

Why no Alan Parsons Project nomination from you this time?

They were only one vote short of an induction last round!

I tend to vote for British bands, with the exception of Golden Earring. So, I may have slipped up by including Manhattan Transfer. Is it too late to change an entry? Here's a revised list, just in case.

Golden Earring
King Crimson
Hawkwind
Wishbone Ash
America
Gerry Rafferty
Alan Parsons Project
Nazareth
Rory Gallagher
Blue Oyster Cult
Greenslade
Camel
Mike Oldfield
Montrose
Robin Trower

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
The Coasters
Janis Joplin
The Lovin Spoonful
Ricky Nelson
Wishbone Ash
Link Wray
Big Joe Turner
The Drifters
Eddie Cochran
Link Wray
Little Willie John
Etta James
Dick Dale
The Impressions
Wilson Pickett

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Personally I have voted for MC5 several times before, and votd for New York Dolls and Ramones this time. I will certainly support The Clash when their time comes. Sex Pistols though? I think Bollocks is a fantastic album, but that is all they did. I have a lot of trouble voting for a band that made just one album.

I think the nature of punk defies these types of polls. Clash, SEx Pistols, Replacements, Stooges, MC5, et al. Fast fuse...burn out fast.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online