Wuthering Heights!

Which girl does it better?

• Total voters

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
So which of these ladies has a better chance of breaking down Heathcliff's stoney resistance with her song and being let in through his window and back into his warm embrace?

Pat Benatar

Kate Bush

:huh:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Hep. This is difficult. (And perhaps inspired by one of my threads, yeah? ;D )

I love Kate's version. Her voice is so delightfully weird. But I grew up listening to Pat's version, so it has a little bit of an edge over Kate's "Wuthering Heights".

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Yes, twas absolutely inspired by one of your album reviews. I listened to the LPs containing both versions yesterday evening.

I'm still trying to decide though. Kate's voice is annoying in a way and Pat's version has harder biting instrumental work, but Kate's version comes across as more ethereal and thus somehow more right.

:dunno:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Ah, I knew it. I love when I can have some kind of influence on anyone, even just with little things.

Both are great songs.

I love Kate's voice. It's strange. I honestly didn't hear her version of the song til maybe a year ago, whereas I was listening to Pat's version for 5+ years ahead of that (I'm young - of course you have more experience than I).

It's a tough decision, though - but one thing's for certain: it's a great song.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Kate comes across very well in the part of the deranged woman out on the moor in her video. Contrast Kate with Hayley Westenra, whose body language is so very wrong, in this video:

I mean Hayley is smiling of all things! Her manager should have taken a paddle to her ass.

Here are a few more performances by the properly crazed Kate. They're wild, especially the last one!

:****:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online