Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
working_on_a_dream.jpg

I like Springsteen, but this album was a disappointment :(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
When I play "Born To Run" and then listen to anything else he released after "Born In The USA", I wonder what the hell happened to Springsteen? His live and compilation CD's are good but his studio work cratered in my opinion.:think:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've never cared for much of anything Bruce has ever done, outside of Born In the USA and a handful of single tracks here and there. BITUSA is the only full album of his I could appreciate.

I'll admit, one thing that will kill a band or artist for me faster than anything is when they open their big friggin' mouths and start spouting about politics, social issues and how we need to change ourselves because they are celebs and have the media's ear and soapbox to stand on and spout from. I don't care if it's an actor, musician, artist, etc. STFU and do your job. Drop some political undertones in your music, I can deal with some of it. When you get preachy on my ass, I'm done with you. Bruce and several other celebs have gotten that way to me over the past 10+ years and it's annoying as hell.

Speaking of soapboxes, I'll step off of mine now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't mind an artist using their pulpit to express their passions for things, you can simply walk on if it offends you. Besides there are enough Love, Rock till you Drop, She Broke My Heart, songs already. I find it refreshing when anyone tells a good story on an album or in a song, even if I disagree with their philosophy.

My problem with the Boss, is I just find his material after BITUSA boring as hell. For a guy who released Born To Run I expected much better over the long haul than he put out.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
My problem with the Boss, is I just find his material after BITUSA boring as hell.
i cant argue with that either. I remember when Tunnel of Love came out and everyone was oozing over it "the new Bruce album" and I thought ...:zzz:

Pretty much everything since then has fallen into that category for me.

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
weezer-raditude-aa-400x400.jpg

I didn't care for this album in the least bit. I think Weezer completely sold out their style in favor of commercial success. Their songs actually used to be well written, even as late as their previous album, but now we get crap like "Can't Stop Partying." I really wish Weezer would get back on track, because I still like many of the unique things they do for their fans.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
weezer-raditude-aa-400x400.jpg

I didn't care for this album in the least bit. I think Weezer completely sold out their style in favor of commercial success. Their songs actually used to be well written, even as late as their previous album, but now we get crap like "Can't Stop Partying." I really wish Weezer would get back on track, because I still like many of the unique things they do for their fans.

It's even poppier than Make Believe? I loved that album! Honestly, my least favorite Weezer album is Pinkerton but many disagree! :heheh:

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
It's even poppier than Make Believe? I loved that album! Honestly, my least favorite Weezer album is Pinkerton but many disagree! :heheh:

Make Believe was actually decent. There are some good tracks on there, like "The Other Way." And yes, this is far poppier than Make Believe.

Wasn't a huge fan of Raditude but it definately wasn't all horrible, (if you're wondering if I want you to) I want you to and Let it all out were defiantely listennable

"I Want You To" is probably the best track on that album, and "Let It All Hang Out" is listenable.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.