Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
A timeless 'classic'

Image-88407-527022-DevastatinDave.jpg

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Perhaps not seriously bad:

final.cut.jpg

but in terms of album covers this has me stumped - what's it suppose to be? I through it had something to do with recordable media - since the album is called the Final Cut, but I don't really know.

From Wiki:

Hipgnosis—designers of most of Pink Floyd's previous artwork—had by this time disbanded. Storm Thorgerson, who was a founding member of Hipgnosis, was passed over for the cover design. Waters designed the cover, using photographs taken by his brother-in-law, Willie Christie. The front cover shows a Remembrance Day poppy and four World War II medal ribbons laid out on a black fabric background. From left to right the medals are the 1939–45 Star, the Africa Star, the Defence Medal, and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

But looking at the cover it seems only a close up section of the original photo was used for the cover.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Those are all hysterical Shadow but this one may have been done by an amatuer..here are two covers of Love Grenade.

The IMPORT

51svJaIroEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

U.S.A.

51jpEd2JhiL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The one posted by Shadow was inteded to be the official cover, but Ted's management thought that might be a bad idea.:wtf: It was later made available as a "special edition" cover through Ted's fan club.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ugh "Love Grenade" is such a stupid album cover...and album in general....Ted Nugent hasn't put out anything that matters in years. Can anyone tell me why he has the breast cancer awareness ribbon on the grenade?

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Ugh "Love Grenade" is such a stupid album cover...and album in general....Ted Nugent hasn't put out anything that matters in years. Can anyone tell me why he has the breast cancer awareness ribbon on the grenade?

I imagine so when people saw the original cover he could go "Hey, I love the ladies, look, breast cancer ribbon." :heheh: I agree that the only thing worse than the cover was the record itself.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
the only thing worse than the cover was the record itself.

I don't know. I'm an old Nugent fan myself and IMO nothing tops his early work. However as a fan of Motor City Madhouse and a few other heavy hitters...there are some pretty decent moments on Love Grenade that reflect his early days.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not one of their best, some bands seem to be lacking in imagination when it comes to covers, other bands have works of art that just add so much pizazz to the album.:dunno:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online