Willie Nelson to Appear on Megadeth's New Album??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a response to Lulu...:think:

:oyea:

I'm not sure what to make of this, I did really enjoy Willie's work with Toby Keith in "Beer For My Horses, Whiskey For My Men".(I think that's the name of the song.)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Megadeth will not put out an album even close to being Lulu bad. :heheh:
Some may argue Risk but that was not even as bad as people made it out to be. Actually has some good tunes on it.

I am intrigued that they have opted for some guest musicians but I like the idea too. He did that on United Abominations when Cristina Scabbia featured on that version of A Tout Le Monde.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I had a feelin' you'd set me right on that score Rattlehead.:D

We shall see, but honestly I can't see Willie doing vocals on a headbanging thrash anthem, a slower song that tells a good story on the other hand is possible.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^I had a feelin' you'd set me right on that score Rattlehead.:D

We shall see, but honestly I can't see Willie doing vocals on a headbanging thrash anthem, a slower song that tells a good story on the other hand is possible.

Its all good, sense of humour about Lulu there's no harm in. :heheh:

I agree, I think it will be on a slower possibly melodic or 'ballad' song which would be neat. I do like his willingness to not just have every song be full out thrash. Whilst I hope the album is heavy, thrashy and dark as suggested it would be I like the odd ballad in there. Something to kind of throw the listener a bit by surprise.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Curious move by Willie. I know nothing about Megadeth really, except their singer hates gays, because he read it somewhere in the bible that they are all wicked, and they are all going straight to hell, and so on that basis, he decided that they must be ....though if you've heard any of Willie's duets with Julio Iglesias then you'll know that there are actually some things in life even worse enduring than the prospect of going straight to hell. :uh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't hold with Mustaine's personal opinions about a lot of things the only time I respect him is when he's playing his guitar.

gorgon

Reaction score
^^I don't hold with Mustaine's personal opinions about a lot of things the only time I respect him is when he's playing his guitar.

This. He is a musician that is good at, and famous for making music. I know of him from listening to his records. I could give 2 shits about who he hates, what kind of clothes he wears, who he's dating or any of that other crap one reads about in those nosy toilet paper magazines next to the check out line.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like how outspoken he is politically but when it comes to being anti-gay I think he is a douche only for that. Other stuff though everyone is entitled for their opinion. I still like Mustaine.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online