Why isn't Led Zeppelin given as much attention...

Jantine

Reaction score
Promotion is a big deal for me. You see bands like led zep and nirvana and the plasmastics when they were underground / not established, then they have an un-corporate, non advertised breakthrough album that shakes the community in a way no one thought possible... not to make this a pop thing, but im tired of well-established artists promoting the living hell out of their 4th or 5th albums, having it chart well and then people say: man, he/she is changing the face of music". Lady Gaga's born this way is case and point... 9 radio appearances, 3 guest interviews on tv, posters and online ads EVERYWHERE, album sales next to cashiers, selling it for 99 cents the first day, then they talk about how massively popular it is, charting well and huge sales, and it just shakes me to my core... of course if you sell al albums at a dollar, next to cash registers, after promoting it absolutely everywhere, the album will sell... the real artists didnt need any of that, they used their talents and the material spoke for itself. Its cliche, but todays music is desensitizing people/teens to music :( (sorry that ran long, needed to vent somewhere, although its old news im sure)

'Rant' away. I understand where you are coming from, but to be fair. When Zepp were current, they we're up against Donny Osmand. I know it it's quite the same, as Zepp was for the cool people and Donny, for the pre-teen girls. I guess, people had more musical options, back then.

It does make me wonder. If I live to 40/50/60 what will replace current music.

and I always feel bad when the opening chords start for Immigrant song, because I instantly think of batman <.< and Jantine <3

bashful.gif

Ooohh behave!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Then why are Queen, held to a higher standard.

The idea, that The Beatles/Stones where more, commercial, I understand. However, Zepp, being so successful, Britain should be praising from the roof tops.

Over here, if a Brit, does well.......we never here the end of it :D
Queen is more radio friendly I suppose. Non threatening? During their run in the 1970's, Zeppelin had their share of U.K. critics that enjoyed their work. Chris Welch...Bob Harris to name a couple. Their tours of Britain were not extensive as the ones on American soil. I don't know how the current crop of journalists over there view past musical generations so I can't really comment. Their reunion show at the 02 in 2007 seemed to have generated considerable buzz from what I have read.

From what I have gathered following the band, their popularity in the U.S. became mythic after they disbanded. That old adage? You don't know what you're missing until it's gone?

Jantine

Reaction score
From what I have gathered following the band, their popularity in the U.S. became mythic after they disbanded. That old adage? You don't know what you're missing until it's gone?

Very true. Led Zeppelin, do have an.....aura that the Beatles or Stones don't have. A psychedelic, grooviness if you will :D

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Just hop along to your nearest Topman or Topshop or whatever the **** it's called :puke:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I consider Led Zeppelin to be among the most overrated bands of all time myself.

Before anyone has a meltdown...:heheh:...I'd put the Beatles and Stones in that category too.

There were so many other great artists from that epoch of rock and roll I think the overpraising of some bands at the expense of some very talented less known artists is unfair.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Been trying to pay attention to classic rock radio this past week...and Zeppelin gets played a hella lot. One station out here, a LOT more than the Beatles or The Stones.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online