Who Will Come Out On Top Of VH1’s 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time?

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I swear I'll riot if they rank Michael Jackson ahead of the Rolling Stones.

:wtf:

I will join you in that riot,i would love to see Bob Dylan or The Beatles win,if Michael Jackson wins it would be criminal.

Zombeels

Reaction score
The list is the 100 greatest artists, not the 100 greatest artists chosen by Classic Rock fans.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Like 'em or hate 'em, U2 are among the most critically and commercially successful groups in popular music.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
tina turner is way too high. I actually think she is one the most overrated artists of all time. Ike had loads of more talent then she did and better songs. If he didnt beat her people would not care about tina the same way that they do.
U2 is st 19? they shouldnt even be on the list. IF you put justin timberlake on the list u might as well put justin bieber and miley fricken cyrus. Where the hell is B.B King on this list. David Bowie is way to high. The Cure are a good band but dont belong on this list. wow this is a worst list then the frontman list by far.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Michael Jackson was popular before he died too. That's how "Thriller" has moved 100+ million copies.

the man has sold over 750 million copies of his music worldwide and counting. I guarntee he makes more money dead then he did alive which is saying something. There are few artists where people from evey continent will know who they are and their songs. Michael fits that category

Tha

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I agree with the ones I put in bold. VH1 may be out of it slightly, but at least they can tell that there are good artist outside of two eras of music :D

i agree with you except for alicia keys. She doesnt deserve to be on the list yet but the girl is a very talented songwriter. Not many songwriters can sing as well as she can. Not to mention she mixes classical piano with R&B which gives her music a unique sound.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
1. The Beatles
2. Michael Jackson
3. Led Zeppelin
4. The Rolling Stones
5. Bob Dylan

- Voting was conducted by Shugoll Research. The list was determined by a poll of musicians and music experts. Over 200 artists voted including Alicia Keys, Diddy, Ozzy Osbourne and Carrie Underwood, as well as members of U2, the Police, Metallica and Aerosmith.

Signed,

Rick

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yep I just watched this. The only, and I mean only, reason I watched this was to see if Michael Jackson dying would take him from laughing stock of the planet to "greatest artist of all time", and if it in fact did then it would only be thievery at the expense of The Beatles.

That said however I have to mention how completely and utterly bored I was with the predictably of the Beatles being at #1. :rolleyes:

Also, one thing I noticed while I watched this was how half the people who provided commentary throughout the countdown didn't really have a clue about music outside of their own little shells but still thought they did. Like, it didn't matter which of the 100 artists they were talking about because sure enough each time someone would go "Everyone loves their music. They are just universally loved and everyone knows their songs.". No, how about you pull your head out of your ass. :rolleyes:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online