Who Is NME's Ultimate Music Icon?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I agree with Roger Daltrey there, and my first instinct is to think "Elvis" when I think of music icons, but the Beatles can't be ignored either even though I'm not a fan. Who was the chick who said Beyonce? Was she really the one American in the video and she just had to say that? :rolleyes::heheh:

Also agree with the guy who was listing off one for each decade.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I've no idea who she is Jen! The guy who listed icons per decade is Blur's bassist and I take it he was having a little joke saying "in the 90's Oasis, obviously" cos of that whole Oais Vs Blur thing that went on for years.
I've never been a fan of Elvis but yes he would definitely have to be up there at the top - probably jousting for position with The Beatles :)

Bocephus

Reaction score
I've got no love for NME, the NME are the height of musical snobbery. The NME have a list of bands you are not allowed to like in their offices (pretty much any classic rock is frowned upon).

If you work for NME you're only allowed to like bands that are trendy (indie bands that dress like students and sound like Coldplay are the order of the day).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online