Who inspires you most?

Reaction score
Well, who inspires you? Weather you're a guitarist, pianist, drummer, bassist whatever. Who inspires you to progress and learn and just be a better musician?

Here's some of the guys that really inspire me with my drumming.

Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree

Steve Smith from Journey and Vital Information

Dennis Chambers from Parliament

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
We've had this topic before but it's pretty much my favorite one, so I'm happy to go again! :D

First and foremost there's Neil Young, every single thing I do artistically connects back to him in numerous real ways. He not only inspired me to play guitar, and inspired my songwriting style, and inspired my approach to recording music, he also inspired my adamant dedication to genre experimentation and diversity.

After that you can break my music very roughly into three dominant categories: 3-chord folk-pop, noise-infused black metal, and grungey rock. Although Neil & Bob Dylan taught me how to play guitar, Tom Petty is far and away my #1 influence when it comes to most of my pop songs. Almost every aspect of my black metal was based on Burzum's debut album. And as far as grungey rock goes, credit for that goes to Nirvana.

Reaction score
Aw crap, I should known this thread had been done before. I didn't even bother to look. I apologize for that. If any moderator or admin want's to delete or move it feel free...

*Aboutagirl - Neil Young, Bob Dylan , Tom petty, And Burzum?!?! You sir have impeccable taste. With those influences you must write some pretty awesome material man.

*MetalPriest - I take it you liked that video eh? haha

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online