Who here plays the guitar?

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
I buy my guitars and amps from a chain of shops throughout the UK called Guitar Guitar here's the link- https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/stores/camden/ They have shops in Camden Town in London, Birmingham & Glasgow plus a few other places around the UK.
We only have PMT and the shop Syd, David and Rodger etc used to go to here in Cambridge. PMT is big though.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
We only have PMT and the shop Syd, David and Rodger etc used to go to here in Cambridge. PMT is big though.
When the guys out of Pink Floyd use to use the shop that is a great endorsement and I presume it has enough guitars, amps, effects pedals, strings, picks and guitar tuition books to keep the guitarists around Cambridge happy.

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
When the guys out of Pink Floyd use to use the shop that is a great endorsement and I presume it has enough guitars, amps, effects pedals, strings, picks and guitar tuition books to keep the guitarists around Cambridge happy.
Yes but they are a bit more expensive. But the Cambridge shop of this is great https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Got this little number fairly recntly. A left handed Tanglewood Winterleaf Travel Size Acoustic. So fun to learn on and play.
winterleaf.jpg

Khor1255

Reaction score
My classical is a Takamine (used to call them Cockameme). It is pretty much the only thing I play these days other than drums. I'm making ok money and have been thinking about getting a Les Paul brand new. The one I want is only $1400 but I can't bring myself to let off that much money for something I rarely do with a wife and two kids to support.

Decisions decisions...

Elene

Reaction score
I have been playing guitar for about 20 years.
I have an amazing Hamer Centaura and a Gibson Les Paul.

treborillusion

Reaction score
Yes I believe left-handed electric guitars were quite hard to find at least in England back in the 1960s & 1970s. Eric Clapton tells a story of 'coming across' a black left-handed Stratocaster in Denmark street (Tin Pan Alley) in London's west end in 1970 and buying it to give to Jimi Hendrix as left-handed 'Strats' were very rare to find but ultimately Hendrix died shortly after Eric had bought the guitar so it was never given to Jimi.
That's where I bought all my high-end guitars...
(Both my Gibsons and even my Fender) came from Denmark Street.
Also, Bear Straps guitar straps are found there in shops up and down Denmark Street (they're hand-made locally), and I swear by them for my Gibson Les Pauls.

Also, I'd love a LH Fender Stratocaster and turn it upside down and flip the nut strings for RH; I once played a Jimi Hendrix signature, but only the headstock was upside down and the electronics were right side up, not what I wanted... Ideally, I'd like to be able to afford it, that's why I haven't done it yet, but, I'd have a high-end LH Fender Stratocaster and have it made RH so the electronics are upside down too.

Last edited:

treborillusion

Reaction score
I just saw this on Instagram from the same place I bought both of my Gibsons on Denmark Street, I say same place, Gibson 1 was 2011 and Gibson 2 was 2017 after they changed ownership and name (but kept everything else as is); so different name on the door/people in there, same place...
And I saw this just now on their IG...

A South Paw/LH guitarist playing a right-handed guitar upside down, like Jimi? (Were Jimi's strings upside down too)?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.