Who here plays the guitar?

treborillusion

Reaction score
This is the actual guitar I bought in 2017...
I bought this, love it. (Had customised and swapped the toggle switch knobs from my first Gibson and this Gibson to clone a guitar Slash used in Guns N' Roses, that I always loved, because I could) since I found this one with this finish in my budget when I went to the area to purchase a Gibson Les Paul, found this one in budget, bought it, had my way with it, and yeah..

My latest playing.
This is that Gibson.

Last edited:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I have a six string Washburn acoustic. My wife bought it for me our first Christmas together, thirty years ago.

I used to play it all the time, until kids came along, and they became my #1 priority.

I've actually been thinking about getting it out and taking it up again.

archybows

Reaction score
I started to study many times, but never got around to it. I keep dropping out, even though it was my dream.

wisertime

Keep on Truckin'
Reaction score
Does bass count? I play'd an old BB-300 since '91 and I just bought a new omen extreme about a month ago. My gramps was a ***** tonk man, he passed his ear and time on to me. Been playing something most of my life. I play'd my bass for decades between playing with other people and never took lessons on it (I'm lying, I took 1), so I do some weird stuff. People seem to dig it. People I play with say I have 'that wicked feel'. Lol. Yeah, I can feel the tendinitis on my fret thumb. Jaco was good, brown, mingus, carter - I just play bass.

I love playing music and I play about 3 hours a day if I can. My favorite stuff to play is - interesting, rhythmic, fast and funky, long around the corner - I like playing with rhythm. You see, bass punches you in the face and it also makes you wait. I say fast, you know, and funky, but, man, I will bend you slow - that's the bass. That's some sh*t right there.

ThreeKings

Reaction score
Setting The Controls for The Heart Of The Sun
I've been playing guitar since I was five (I'm 15 now) and I like to think I'm pretty good, haha. I play whenever I can, I just love it. I love playing blues and prog rock, and I'm inspired by the three kings, B.B., Albert and Freddie, Gilmour, Clapton, Beck, Hendrix (of course), Stevie Ray Vaughn, Syd Barrett and Geoff Achison.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
IMG_20240126_071938743.jpg
Been in a G.A.S. Mood lately and adding more guitars and toys.. Just bought a vintage Indonesia Cort Bass yesterday.. I have it tore apart getting ready for some upgrades.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
This is the same one I have ...found mine in a pawn shop in 1985 for $200
I'm not nearly as good as this guy ....I can play all the basic chords and a few odd ones with a pick but I never learned to finger pick well. I rarely pick it up anymore...I have stiff fingers from age and some arthritis.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
This is the same one I have ...found mine in a pawn shop in 1985 for $200
I'm not nearly as good as this guy ....I can play all the basic chords and a few odd ones with a pick but I never learned to finger pick well. I rarely pick it up anymore...I have stiff fingers from age and some arthritis.
A Martin for $200 !!! That's rare to pay that for a Martin.. Cha Ching!! :good

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.