Whitesnake - Burn (Live) Official Video

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me. The riff and the whole song has been transposed down by 2 semitones which is fair enough as his voice has gone down the same road as all those other rock singers we've been discussing over the last few weeks and just proves the point that they really don't get any better with age, but they DO get very much worse.

To be honest I think this sucks and I can't take it at all seriously. It's like a joke and it makes me cringe. Great old album that it was and killer title track, but they really should have just let it be as this is a load of crap. Only my opinion though. Some people might like it and that's fair enough but to me it's "Spinal Tap" but all the worse because they take it so seriously.

There's no accounting for taste......

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I've never been a huge fan of the original. I think for a casual listener or someone who wasn't familiar with the original, this WS version isn't terrible. To a die-hard fan, I can see it being off-putting. I think that Beach's guitar work is as good or better than Blackmore's original and whoever the keyboardist is on this version is true enough to Jon Lord's original.

*shrug*

Guess I'm indifferent for the most part.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online