• Metallica

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Motörhead

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Have to take Hetfield and Company...just not a Motorhead fan.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The music in Motorhead's version is pretty cool, of course it's more polished and they had more money to spend on a good recording than the original and much rawer original by Metallica. However the moment that Lemmy opens his mouth and starts singing, the song immediately begins to sink for me. If everything Motorhead did was instrumentals or if they had a different (read that as 'better') lead singer, I might feel differently about them. As it is, Lemmy's vocals bug me.

Metallica gets muh vote.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The music in Motorhead's version is pretty cool, of course it's more polished and they had more money to spend on a good recording than the original and much rawer original by Metallica. However the moment that Lemmy opens his mouth and starts singing, the song immediately begins to sink for me. If everything Motorhead did was instrumentals or if they had a different (read that as 'better') lead singer, I might feel differently about them. As it is, Lemmy's vocals bug me.

Metallica gets muh vote.

This is exactly why Motorhead gets my vote. I don't like "Kill 'Em All" because the production is so awful and because of James's vocals. They're so scratchy and screechy and WAY worse than Lemmy's ever have been to me. James became a much better for "Ride The Lightning".

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
James became a much better for "Ride The Lightning".
I agree with this and that is one reason that KEA is no where near my favorite Metallica album. RTL, MOP, AJFA, S/T are all a lot better in every aspect.

I do still really dig Seek and Destroy though, which is easily my favorite off of KEM. ;)

Ok, sorry.. off topic. :bonk:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Metallica.

The early high treble production is just one of the many quirks about this album that I like. Normally I wouldn't say that, but it brings back memories of the first time I got this on vinyl. I used to have an amplifier that allowed me to equalize the recording when dubbing to tape. I tried putting more "bottom end" in the recording, and it just didn't sound right. I feel the same way about Megadeth's Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! .

The studio budget these guys had at that time was miniscule in comparison to today's artists.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online