Where do old rockers with old fans go when they get old?

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
This is the time of year to start marking the Calendar.
I've already put a couple of circles on for Blue Oyster Cult and Blackberry Smoke.
The tour dates for next summer are going up now.
I generally take a trip through Jambase to see the listing for my area.

https://www.jambase.com/

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
Who would you go see in a relaxed setting? There is an amphitheater in my area, a very nice smaller venue, where Jimmy Buffett comes each year. That place is loaded with folks my age and older. I have to admit, it's not relaxed! People our age can definitely be rowdy.

When I say "relaxed", I'm mostly referring to comfortable seats, with maybe a convenient place to set my adult beverage down. The Chastain Amphitheater where my wife and I saw the Moody Blues was reasonably nice. The seats weren't the most comfy, but they were OK. I saw a Black Sabbath tribute band at a local venue that has since closed down. It was nice tables around a dance floor. The crowd got plenty rowdy, but there was still a place to sit down comfortably drinking an adult beverage between the opening act and headliner.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I say "relaxed", I'm mostly referring to comfortable seats, with maybe a convenient place to set my adult beverage down. The Chastain Amphitheater where my wife and I saw the Moody Blues was reasonably nice. The seats weren't the most comfy, but they were OK. I saw a Black Sabbath tribute band at a local venue that has since closed down. It was nice tables around a dance floor. The crowd got plenty rowdy, but there was still a place to sit down comfortably drinking an adult beverage between the opening act and headliner.

I'm with you on comfortable seats. :)

The thing I've found since I've gotten older is my distaste for crowds. I can't stand to be crammed into an area with very little personal space. This is why these concert cruises are very appealing to me. There is comfort, smaller crowds, and plenty of personal space.

I don't mind festivals, where I bring my own chair, though. My folding chairs have cup holders on the arm rest and a foot rest, too ;)

Romulus

Reaction score
I'm with you on comfortable seats. :)

The thing I've found since I've gotten older is my distaste for crowds. I can't stand to be crammed into an area with very little personal space. This is why these concert cruises are very appealing to me. There is comfort, smaller crowds, and plenty of personal space.

I don't mind festivals, where I bring my own chair, though. My folding chairs have cup holders on the arm rest and a foot rest, too ;)

How about a nice blanket to keep you warm and don't forget your meds...!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online