What is.........Industrial metal

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
DIE KRUPPS..........Formed Germany 1980 . One of my favorite bands of this genre. After 3 albums of experimental synth/ metal percussion...the band really kicked off when they used the heavy metal guitar sound from there on.They even recorded a tribute to Metallica e,p ! I saw the band "live"and was easily won over. Check them out ......:cheers2

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres a few more bands to add to the Industrial/Metal genre....although these guys havent been around as some of the bands already mentioned

RAZED IN BLACK .....From Hawaii .Hmm a good freind has been raving about these chaps....sound good

ZEROMANCER.....Ive seen this band a couple of times ,I like their style :grinthumb . Originally from Norway,they have done 5 albums at present

16 VOLT......Obvious N.I.N influences here , anyone got "Primal" the game on Ps2 ? their music is featured

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Other influential pioneers in this form of music are a three piece band from Switzerland THE YOUNG GODS . Even David Bowie is a big fan of theirs apparently.....

FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY.......Formed Canada 1986 . Based round ex SKINNY PUPPY member Bill Loeb . Made numerous albums / side projects. FRONTLINE ASSEMBLYs music is brutal and aggresive .No commercial sell outs here.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
HANZEL UND GRETYL......Industrial Metals greatest hope !! Check these guys out.......:cheers2
Formed in 93...HANZEL UND GRETYL despite the name and Germanic themes running through their songs and imagery[ if rather tongue in cheek ] are actually from the US . Based round founder members Kaiser Von Loopy guitars and female bass/vocalist Vas Kallas the band tour regulary throughout Europe ,US and Canada etc. They have toured with the likes of Cradle of Filth and Ministry.
Like most of the bands mentioned in this thread HANZYL UND GRETYLs earlier albums were electronic/experimental but soon started turning heads when they took a "Heavy" Metallic approach.
I have seen this impressive band "live" twice now , once fairly local to an attendance of about ten.:wtf:.....and later in Germany at the prestigeous Mera Luna festival in front of hundreds !!!:bow: They kick serious ass...

HANZYL UND GRETYL Discography

Ausgeflippt.............1995
Transmissions from Uranus..97
Uber Alles....................2003
Scheissmessiah............2006
2012 Zwanzig Zwolf......2008

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 53

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Of course RAMMSTEIN are /were regarded as Industrial metal....until the term "Neue Deutsche Harte " was coined . Great.....yet another music genre..if there isnt enough out there . Apart from the mighty RAMMSTEIN there are some bands of similar style...EISBRECHER, STAHLMANN,etc
While the scene has been reasonally big in the States ,Germany and other parts of Europe.....in the UK its been a bit quiet.
Gary Numan continues to produce great albums / live shows ,his later albums in a darkwave/ metal industrial vein
Rob Holliday is a name that not many people know but has immense experience working with Numan,The Mission.The Prodigy and now Marilyn Manson. His band SULPHER are still going.....pretty good too

THE BOMBS OF ENDURING FREEDOM .......Formed UK 2007 are a project put together from members of EWIGKEIT, had some good reviews. The track "Home grown terror" blows you apart .

Last edited:

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Hurt considers themselves industrial, but i never really got that vibe i associate with the genre. Anyone actually think they are industrial or just a pseudo-metal jacket?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Hmm....I wouldnt class HURT in anyway Industrial, its a strange thing for them to say.
Another band who have made an impression of late are.........

CELLDWELLER.......From Detroit US ,based round frontman Klayton. CELLDWELLER have a wide range of musical styles.....including Industrial metal,Nu=metal,Trance etc They have released several albums,studio, remix and "live".
A band well worth checking out..:cheers2

Attachments

• 7c706424df22b94f8389e62e151.jpg
    7c706424df22b94f8389e62e151.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 35

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
BLUE STAHLI.......Celldwellers labelmates based round musician Bret Autrey.Well worth a mention..... his music with similar styles to Celldweller is very impressive .Brett had previously worked under the names Voxis and Remorse Code.

BLUE STAHLI Discography

Darkeworld project one .....2006 as VOXIS
Anti sleep vol 1 ...........2008
Blue Stahli..........................2011
Anti sleep vol 2 .........2011
Blue Stahli instrumentals......2012

Attachments

• extralarge.jpg
    extralarge.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 28

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
ANGELSPIT

Originally from Sydney Australia, now based in the US.I caught this band "live" a few years back as a two piece...now have 5 members.Released a few albums to date....hopefully return to action again soon after singer Destroyx wanted time off for other projects

Maggot/Devilicious/Vena cava

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online