What is.....Gothic Metal

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:hijack: Seems me and b.o.b have hijacked this thread to bring you the best in the gothic metal scene, after some wise words by Music Mistress and Foxypage. Please be free to comment on what you hear....you might like these bands....have an open mind:grinthumb

SCREAM SILENCE......are my favorite:bow::bow: "new band " over the last couple of years.Residing from geuss where?...yes Germany!
Seen this band twice now and are pure class. They are masters in melodic sorrowful epics using H.I.M,TYPO NEGATIVE and DREADFUL SHADOWS as influence. OK if you really had to criticise them..it would be nice to hear an uptempo number now and again like some of the other bands mentioned.
Lead singer Hardy Fieting impressingly sings with such emotion,the song "Elegy" brings a tear to my eye......real classic stuff!!!!

SCREAM SILENCE Discography

To die for 1999
The 2nd 2001
Seven tears 2003
Elegy 2004
Saviourine 2006
Aphelia 2007
Aparthology 2008

imagesthdyjtdhc.jpgjjgcv.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You guys have been busy. So far I am going to investigate a couple of your rec's:

Tiamat
Love Like Blood

I haven't had time to listen to too many of he vids, yet, but I did listen to almost all of Tiamat........fabulous stuff so far.

:bow:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
You guys have been busy. So far I am going to investigate a couple of your rec's:

Tiamat
Love Like Blood

I haven't had time to listen to too many of he vids, yet, but I did listen to almost all of Tiamat........fabulous stuff so far.

:bow:

Thank you Magic for your positive feedback :cheers2. We hope that this thread will attract also some other potential gothic metal lovers.

And if you think that the latest Tiamat albums are commercial how about the solo project of Johan Edlund: Lucyfire ? :grinthumb.

LUCYFIRE - This Dollar Saved My Life at Whitehorse

159114.jpg

Last edited:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
SCREAM SILENCE-Aphelia 2007 is an amazing album. I remember it was a real surprise for me and reopened my appetite for gothic. I will search for the rest of Scream Silence albums.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
END OF GREEN........Another up and coming band from guess where? Yes Germany![:grinthumb]
END OF GREEN describe their music as "Depressed subcore"The lyrics are often about lonelyness,depression,pain and death.[ Yipee..:D my kind of band lol ] Gothic metal but with at times Metallica influences. Singer frontman Michelle Darkness [er...its a bloke not a lady] has a great voice,similar at times to Hetfield,Pete Steele etc
The first track I heard of this band was the raw "Seasons of black" off the 1st album and I loved it straight away!!! Times flown by and these guys have matured really well....yet again time to dig deep and track down their cds !!!!

END OF GREEN Discography

Infinity 1996
Believe my friend 98
Songs for a dying world 2002
Last night on Earth 2003
Dead and dreaming 2005
The Sicks sense 2008
High hopes in low places 2010

End_of_Green_Last_Night_On_Earth.jpgMiDa_070612_01.jpg

Last edited:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
I only have a hard copy of Infinity from 1996 so I have bring me up to date with their latest albums :grinthumb.

cd_infinity.jpg

And I saw them live at Pepsi Sziget Festival in 2002 in Budapest.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
END OF GREEN look a good band live judging by youtube footage .They are down to play MERA LUNA next year 2011.Im just hoping they come to the UK sometime.The track you put up was excellent I love it "left my way" got to get INFINITY album for sure
Vocalist Michelle Darkness has also done solo material which is more upbeat/commercial......sounding so much like 69 EYES its unbelievable !

b.o.b Im still playing those TIAMAT tracks constantly....me and Sweaty have ordered a bucketload of cds [ various styles/artists ] and TIAMAT are in there as soon as weve finished the bank job :heheh: L.G planned it all officer !:heheh:

.......whos next ANATHEMA ? hint

b.o.b.

Reaction score
AnathemaLogo.jpg

anathema2007%5B1%5D.jpg

Anathema are an English band from Liverpool. On their early 90’s albums they played a doom/gothic atmospheric metal but later in their career they changed into a more melodic, alternative-prog style. They have a lot of influences from Pink Floyd. Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree produced their last album from 2010 We're Here Because We're Here.

Current line-up:

Vincent Cavanagh - Vocals, Guitars (1990-)
Daniel Cavanagh - Guitars, Vocals, Keyboards (1990-2002, 2003-)
Jamie Cavanagh - Bass (1990-1991, 2002-)
John Douglas - Drums (1990-1997, 199:cool:
Les Smith - Keyboards (2000-)
Lee Douglas - Additional Vocals (2000-)

Studio albums:

Serenades (1993)
The Silent Enigma (1995)
Eternity (1996)
Alternative 4 (1998)
Judgement (1999)
A Fine Day to Exit (2001)
A Natural Disaster (2003)
We're Here Because We're Here (2010)

Highly recommended albums:

The Silent Enigma (1995)
IMG_0838.jpeg

Eternity (1996)
96_eternity.jpg

Anathema –Hope
Originally performed by Roy Harper & Jimmy Page
Written by Roy Harper & David Gilmour

Alternative 4 (1998)
98_alternative_4.jpg

Judgement (1999)
99_judgement.jpg

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
What a very good band.Im sure a lot of CRF lovers should take to their music with their current prog leanings......very thoughtful,very classy.
Thanks b.o.b for bringing us to the attention of ANATHEMA.Im sure Ive got one of their early albums on tape somewhere in my house....but it was more doom metal. Then years later a d.j in Sheffield played me a track which sounded so much like PARADISE LOST[gothic metal] at their best......the track was "fragile dreams". A track you have put up [ :bow: superb stuff !!] not heard that in years!!!!!:cheers2 Then a bit later caught a ANATHEMA track on a compilation showing off a complete change in style [Floydesque/prog] What a chameleon of a band we are talking about here........
Now you have all the albums which are your favorites? I guess the album I should personally be looking for is "Alternative 4"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online