what if ? thread

foreverblue

Reaction score
bonham hadn't died, and zep had stayed together? what would they sound like now
what kind of stuff would hendrix be doing today?
what would the doors sound like if morrison hadn't died? would manzerek have ditched the hammond organ for a synth?

what kind of stuff would the beatles be doing if they hadn't broken up?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just for fun Foreverblue or serious comments??

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee if Lennon wasn't murdered in 1980 the beatles would have gotten back together (actually reunion, none of this 2 song BS) for better or for worse.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
All of those questions have more or less the same answer: They would have gotten stale, made a string of god awful albums just like all of their contemporaries that didn't die/stayed together, and none of them would be quite as well remembered.

This goes quadruply for Jim Morrison and the Doors.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
All of those questions have more or less the same answer: They would have gotten stale, made a string of god awful albums just like all of their contemporaries that didn't die/stayed together, and none of them would be quite as well remembered.

This goes quadruply for Jim Morrison and the Doors.

this.

Take a look at the rolling stones' recent albums
:yuk:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
bonham hadn't died, and zep had stayed together? what would they dound like now
Led Zeppelin:

I seriously doubt they'd still be together even if John hadn't died. I'm sure they would have waddled through the 80's with some decent music, but it wouldn't have held up to the standard that people felt they had in the late 60's into the mid 70's. Even In Through The Out Door has been somewhat shunned by a lot of fans as something that was no where near what they were used to. Personally, I like the album, but I'm not sure I'm in the majority. Anyway, they'd be like other bands that stood the test of time and have dropped off and judging by their personalities, I think they would have been done as a band before the end of the 80's anyway.

Lynch

Reaction score
what kind of stuff would hendrix be doing today?
Jimi Hendrix:

This one, to me, is the most intriguing. Hendrix did some incredible music in the studio and along with Jimmy Page was one of the most sloppy 'guitar gods' when playing live. No, that doesn't mean they both sucked, but compared to their studio work, I think both put out extremely mediocre efforts on stage. Anyway, as for Hendrix, would he have grown more experimental? Would he have defined the sound we grew to know and love? If he hadn't died when he did, would he have lived another 10 years anyway, considering his lifestyle? If he had straightened out a bit, would it have affected his 'creativeness'? :confused:

I do think that this "what if" is one of the hardest ones to answer, at least for me

Lynch

Reaction score
what would the doors sound like if morrison hadn't died? would manzerek have ditched the hammond organ for a synth?
The Doors:

Another band I don't think would have lasted more than a few more years, at most. I've often wondered if Morrison had lived, would they even have made 1 more record together. Either way, to answer your second question, in my honest opinion, I don't think they would have lasted long enough for Ray to switch to a synth.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I think the Beatles one is probably the easiest, in that the Beatles would be playing the same stuff they did in their respective solo careers for the most part. George and Ringo may have been stifled more with the Fab Four than on their own (although George was coming into his own anyway).

Just listen to the White Album, although a great album, you can tell the different directions Lennon, McCartney and Harrison were going on there (Paul's songs are very different to John's, George's different to Paul's, etc).

I feel had they not called it quits with Abbey Road, they'd have just produced more of the same sort of setup - a collection of solo careers more than a collaborative effort.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online