What classical would you suggest to a rock fan

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite performers. I don't know if you are a guitarist, but watch her right hand. Simply amazing, she plays the guitar as if it were a harp.

Ana Vidovic Guitar Artistry in Concert - Classical Guitar Performance DVD

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Rachmaninov: The Isle of the Dead, Symphonic poem Op. 29 - Andrew Davis

FREDERIC CHOPIN - NOCTURNES complete

Beethoven Moonlight Sonata (Sonata al chiaro di luna)

Richard Wagner - Faust Overture

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite performers. I don't know if you are a guitarist, but watch her right hand. Simply amazing, she plays the guitar as if it were a harp.

Ana Vidovic Guitar Artistry in Concert - Classical Guitar Performance DVD

Amazing indeed.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
Here's Ana playing a guitar that's as big as she was at the time. What Ana is saying at the beginning of the video is that it was her brother Viktor's guitar that she was playing, her parents couldn't afford a new guitar for her. Viktor is also a world famous classical guitarist.

Ana Vidovic

Last edited:

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
Yes I am a guitarist indeed and recently I stumbled upon an early 1900's composer named Agustin Barrios who seems to have lots of awesome guitar pieces. Also thanks for the replies guys!

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
You can listen to any of Bach/Beethoven/Mozart's symphony. They are amazing.
If I have to suggest a particular classical piece of music, it will be the Overture from Marriage of Figaro [composed by Mozart]. This is my favourite. Very rocking piece.

The depth of classical music is massive. The list of composers and the amount of classical music out there is non-exhaustive. Even following the works of a given composer is a massive task. The other day on radio, there was interview with someone who studied Beethoven's music for 30 years and finally published a book/biography!!!!

I listen to classical music [classic fm] on my way to and back from work. I drive an hour everyday [each way]. So, thats two hours of good, non-stop classical music. I have discovered a lot of composers like Brahms, Vivaldi, Strauss, Rachmaninov, Holst etc.. through the radio when commuting. It is very soothing!

Classic FM - Discover Classical Music

Classical music is great.
Enjoy and happy discovering. :)

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online