Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
How The West Was Won - Led Zeppelin
Plants ad libs and skee bop make this almost unlistenable in my opinion. Much worse than The Song Remains The Same. Even Page goes off the rail far too much. These are reasons why I do not listen to many live Zeppelin records.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
How the West Was Won.jpg
@BeatleMatt, IMO Led Zeppelin is at their best live, improvisations and all. The studio albums have been played to death so the live renditions, which are almost all different, bring a new dimension to their catalogue. But maybe that's just me

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
The live, edited version of "I Can't Quit You Baby" on Coda is Unsurpassed. Absolutely brilliant. Many song versions recorded for the album, The Song Remains The Same, still great. I just rarely return to listen to How The West Was Won's recordings.
I have a great recording of "How Many More Times", which is mixed from the BBC Sessions version but must have been remixed for American radio. It sounds so much more louder and full of sound compared to what is offered in the official release. I cannot find this version anywhere. It sounds so different than the BBC version but it is the same recording.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Agree with not returning to How The West Was Won often. It's quite inconsistent. There are a lot of bootlegs out there which are far more enjoyable,

70sProgFan

Reaction score
MIKE OLDFIELD - 'The Complete...'

r-jpg.213217

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member