Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
Come Taste The Band - Deep Purple
Promo label.
WePij0y.jpg
Ok Ritchie Blackmore had walked earlier in the year and had been replaced by American Tommy Bolin but personally I rate this Deep Purple album highly although it was possibly overlooked by many at the time of it's release in December 1975 with Punk rock just around the corner in the UK but it's a very solid mid 1970s USA leaning heavy and slightly funky rock album of it's era with a bunch of very good tracks included on the entire album, pity the band fell apart a few months later in England in 1976.

Frands

Reaction score
Mike Tramp(Denmark/USA)/Stray from the Flock/2019/Rock
R-13255843-1550838980-2949.jpeg.jpg
Mike Tramp (Real name: Michael Trempenau)Danish vocalist and guitarist. Started out with the danish childrens choir Vesterbro Ungdomsgård* before becoming a national teen idol as lead singer in ESC-contester Mabel. After migrating to the US he became the lead singer of the American heavy metal band White Lion.

After-school activity center in Vesterbro, Copenhagen, Denmark. Released a number of albums of their childrens and teenage musicals during the 70's and 80's.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
About Come Taste The Band: at the time i felt confused, as it was on the funky side of things- i was expecting an offering similar to Burn or Stormbringer.
It sat on my rack for years...now 3 stone heavier it gets respect. I think the same happened to me regarding Rainbow albums.

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
About Come Taste The Band: at the time i felt confused, as it was on the funky side of things- i was expecting an offering similar to Burn or Stormbringer.
It sat on my rack for years...now 3 stone heavier it gets respect. I think the same happened to me regarding Rainbow albums.

I'm with ya'! Back in the day I wanted more like what came before. Now I appreciate it for its uniqueness.
It really is a good album...really clicked with me yesterday!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Very nice Slick Willie..good setup!
You'll have gathered that i am a bit of a memory man ( sorry!)..but i remember in '75 when 'Wish You Were Here' was out new in the shops- the album was sealed in black plastic and the sticker was top left...anyways..the stores smelled toxic!..as that amount of black polythene in a shop was overpowering...but somewhat nice...another Floydian slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online