Wet Animal

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
WET ANIMAL Guitarist/songwriter Rick Wartell started the legendary Trouble in 1977 Chicago. Six studio albums and 18 years later, Trouble is largely looked at as one of the bands that gave birth to American Stoner Rock/Doom Metal. Trouble toured with The Ramones; with Pantera; and performed three times in the 90s at Einhoven, Hollands prestigious Dynamo Festival. It was an honor to be able to play that kind of music in that day and age and be recognized for it by younger bands today, says Wartell.

Wet Animal was born the year Trouble ended, 1995. The brainchild of Wartell, and West Virginian singer/guitarist Shane Pasqualla. But by 1999, Wartell and Pasqualla were family men. Family life interrupted all good rock intentions for a few years, but by 2003, Shane and Rick got that ol rocknroll itch again, and they just had to scratch it. The two started collaborating on new material. They recruited Jeff Oly Olson to play drums and Michael Vito Diprima to play bass, and went into the studio armed with massive amounts of ideas and the considerable chops to pull em all off.

WetAnimalCoverSmall.jpg

noodlez

Reaction score
Don't listen to them all that often, but for sure there is a Trouble vibe in the music...I'd say a little more laid back. It's an overlooked group for sure...maybe cast aside as a soundalike? It's not a lost classic or anything, but I'm a fan of some of their songs like 'Left Behind' and 'Fade Away'. Would have liked to see where they would have gone. Anyone searching for some Trouble should check them out as well as another offshoot band called Lid.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have never heard of them Sweaty, and I can't find them anywhere either, except a few videos which is not the same as listening to a proper album as you know...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I m curious about this band Sweaty.....cant find any recorded tracks up on you=tube yet. Ive got several TROUBLE albums they are pure class...and LID wasnt bad.....have you purchased the WET ANIMAL album? I wouldnt mind a listen...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.