Vote for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees.

gguerra

Reaction score
If you care to you can do it here.

https://www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote

You can vote for 5 different bands/artists.
The first four were easy for me, The Cars, Dire Straits, Judas Priest, The Moody Blues.

The last one was between Bon Jovi (Not a Fan), Kate Bush or Depeche Mode.

You can vote once a day.

All you need to do is enter an email or login with Facebook, both pretty easy.

How would you vote?

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
The Moody Blues deserve to be in there before anyone else, indecisive choice for me. But The Cars, Judas Priest, MC5, and Dire Straits are right behind them for me too.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe, J. Geils Band, Radiohead... All deserve a chance. Kate Bush is talented too.

Bon Jovi certainly meets the criteria but I don't think they're good enough to be in there, personally. I've been to the Hall of Fame, it's a joke. They treat prog rock bands like dirt and there's a statue of Beyonce in there. What a sick joke.

LL Cool J? Who the hell is that? How repugnant to see that they even consider artists like that to be inducted.

I just looked at the statistics... It really bothers me that Bon Jovi is the most voted... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

gguerra

Reaction score
The Moody Blues deserve to be in there before anyone else, indecisive choice for me. But The Cars, Judas Priest, MC5, and Dire Straits are right behind them for me too.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Radiohead deserve a chance.

Bon Jovi certainly meets the criteria but I don't think they're good enough to be in there, personally. I've been to the Hall of Fame, it's a joke. They treat prog rock bands like dirt and there's a statue of Beyonce in there. What a sick joke.

LL Cool J? Who the hell is that? How repugnant to see that they even consider artists like that to be inducted.

Yes, I've always had a problem with the RRHOF and their way of doing things. I don't know how long they've given the people the opportunity to vote but at least we have a way of voicing our opinions. I still have a problem with how bands get in. They still control that or do they?. Look at Deep Purple, they are not even nominated. Judging by their past entries it should be named the "Pop Music Hall of Fame". Beyonce IS NOT Rock and Roll and neither are any rap artists.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Pitiful... Taste is subjective, but in this case, most people seem to have **** taste in music. Since when is Bon Jovi a rock band? Maybe pop rock.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Pitiful... Taste is subjective, but in this case, most people seem to have **** taste in music. Since when is Bon Jovi a rock band? Maybe pop rock.
Bon Jovi is definitely a rock band, however, them being at the top of the fan voting list shows just how much of a popularity contest this really is. While they have surely been successful, they do not deserve induction into the sham that is the RnRHOF. I can't think of one band or artist that was directly or indirectly influenced by the career and music of Bon Jovi.

On the other hand, Judas Priest is quite possibly the 2nd most influential hard rock/metal act of all time (only behind Black Sabbath), and they are barely clinging to 5th place on the most recent list that I looked at.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online