Vinyl nerds: I have a problem.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Well, it's more like a question, but it's definitely a problem.

You know how sometimes vinyl can get concave/warped? You know, like it's ... bent? I went to put on an LP today and the damn thing was just, bent shitless (though, I must be fair, it was left in a hot car a long time ago). So now it's clicking as it spins. The other side is fine, just turned upward. :bonk:

So how can a lady fix her vinyl so it lays flat?

Thanks in advance, and much love from my perfectionist ears. ;D

Mr. T

Reaction score
There is no guaranteed fix for this but I have had some success by laying the album down flat with the curve turned "up" and the laying some thing quite heavy on top of it for a few days that is as wide as the album itself... and the warmer the room the better.

Good luck!:grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Good idea. I'm just not ready to retire this record 'cause it's still good. I could easily get another in time but the whole package has been kept so nice that I'd rate it as a VG+/NM-. Aside from the warping. It's just so... beautiful! And it needs to be corrected.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
TUNEZ advice is sound...a Really hot room is necessary, vinyl has a memory so it will not reshape unless you heat it enough to become pliable again, without melting it.

In the old days I would toss it and buy a new copy, but I know that is not an option.

Here's a link on how some people deal with this subject.

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online