Venom (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Venom

Nololob ....just noticed on the desert island discs thread where you choose 3 albums, that you included VENOMs awesome debut racket of an album "Welcome to hell "......what can i say ? Now heres a REAL... VENOM fan !!Brilliant choice ,made me grin !!
I love this album for its pure menace and I tend to use it as a weapon against rowdy neighbors :heheh:
Crank up "In league with satan " at full pelt and they soon surrender :heheh: Hope you not upsetting your neighbors too much.......

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Nololob ....just noticed on the desert island discs thread where you choose 3 albums, that you included VENOMs awesome debut racket of an album "Welcome to hell "......what can i say ? Now heres a REAL... VENOM fan !!Brilliant choice ,made me grin !!
I love this album for its pure menace and I tend to use it as a weapon against rowdy neighbors :heheh:
Crank up "In league with satan " at full pelt and they soon surrender :heheh: Hope you not upsetting your neighbors too much.......

My only neighbor from right side has actually moved today, not because of me playing Sons Of Satan very loud from bass amp (if you connect PC into Fender bass amp it really can damage your hearing O,o), so no worries there. :D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

From Possessed album...

Venom.jpg

:heheh::heheh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I just found on their official website...

STUDIO NEWS 2011

Venom's new album is currently being mixed and the band's management and label are
in discussions regarding the release date, soon to be announced.

The band are again working with top producer Tom Belton at his London Studio.

~ updates and release schedules coming soon ~

:tup:

rtbuck

Reaction score

Venom...I probably like them for the wrong reasons but I love the 'Black Metal' album especially "Teachers Pet" & "We Will Raise the Dead". Anyway, back around '83 or so a friend of mine whom I played hockey with told me about these 2 bands I had to check out & he made me a tape but warned me the one band was real satanic & he told me when he tried putting the album on tape the tape kept getting eaten up. He tried making it seem like some satanic force was chewing up the tape! That tape had Venom Black Metal on one side & side 2 had Motley Crue Shout at the Devil. The way he went on about Venom I was almost scared to play the tape! I loved the Motley Crue album but Venom was different. I loved it but I just couldn't take it serious thus me liking it for probably the wrong reasons. I still love throwing the album on & really get into the energy & power of the tunes but I kind of just smile through the vocals & lyrics

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

That is really interesting, when back in the early 80s people were literally scared to play Venom, when someone says that today everybody just ****** themselves laughing.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Yeah it was wild back then but after hearing Venom I discovered a great Metal Magazine from the UK called Kerrang which catered to the NWOBHM stuff & opened me up to a lot of stuff. It was really a lot of fun looking through import sections of record stores back then to search for these bands

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Here's a little Venom tune for the weekend!!

Too Loud For The Crowd!!

Too%20Loud%20For%20The%20Crowd.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.