Vardis (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
logo.jpg

Vardis were a NWOBHM / Power Trio (1977 – 1986) from Wakefield. They formed a prominent part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal scene, then prevalent in the United Kingdom. They consisted of frontman Steve Zodiac on guitar and lead vocals, Alan Selway on bass guitar and Gary Pearson on drums. Alan Selway was later replaced by Terry Horbury (previously of Dirty Tricks) on bass guitar.

Vardis has been cited as an influence on Metallica.

vardis.jpg
VARDIS.jpg

:hb:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Vardis

Ive still got a copy of VARDIS "let go" single. :grinthumb ....good stuff full of energy . VARDIS never did make the big league in the NWOBHM scene ..but still made a impression.
This is one band that [as far as i now ] never reformed....which is a shame.Steve Zodiac.......where are you now?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Vardis split in 1986, just when heavy metal was still on top.
I need to visit my second hand record shop to check, if they have Vardis vinyls available. That would be a fantastic find.

Great track you posted there by the way. :D

NWOBHMFan

Reaction score

Vardis was a fine band. Powerful. Just about remember seeing them at the Sheffield City Hall way back when supporting (I think) Rory Gallagher though that might be wrong.

With all the recent reformations from the NWOBHM days be nice if Vardis could make it back.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I bought the Let's Go double EP on release and later got a very good compilation on CD. Vardis were one of the best NWOBHM bands and were so like Status Quo, the name must be more than coincidence. It seems an irony that some musicians become millionaires with little or no talent and yet Steve Zodiak's real name is as much a mystery as to what happened to him.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online