Vanessa Carlton (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Vanessa Carlton
4517886.jpg
4517886.jpg
4517886.jpg

Damn!!!! I forgot how smoking hot Vanessa Carlton really is! :omg: But anyway, I really do like her music so I won't turn this into a smut thread! :heheh: Vanessa is one of a newer generation of pop enchantresses that finds her home behind the piano. Vanessa is a very talented pianist and I always feel that she has more of a Classical flair from most of her contemporaries which separates her. Vanessa's career has had some ups and downs but she always manages to put out music both because of her potential and her determination. She's worked with both Stephen Jenkins (can't get much better for learning pop songwriting) and even impressed Hip-Hop mogul I(rv Gotti enough to make music for his label. Vanessa has continuously gained good reviews for her work and has a new album on the way! :grinthumb

I own all the albums thus far and will likely be getting the new one soon. Here is the Vanessa discography:

album-be-not-nobody.jpg
61vS5udpIeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61iWyBkweoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And the new soon to be released album:

Rabbits On The Run
Vanessa.jpg

Here are some of my favorite Vanessa tracks:

A Thousand Miles
(I usually don't post the overplayed singles but seriously this is a melody that had even Hip-Hoppers humming along, there's a reason this was a hit)

Twilight
(I heard this song on the Thousand Miles single and it was a live version. It was what made me want the actual album as it was a contrast and showed Vanessa could produce darker melodies as well. One of my favorite Vanessa songs)

She Floats
(Harmonium was a grower of an album for Vanessa. I love this orchestral track! It reminds me of Under The Pink era Tori! :grinthumb)

Half A Week Before the Winter
(See above, another great Harmonium track, her collaboration with Stephen Jenkins produced some great results)

Nolita Fairytale
(A good single off of the Gotti album which was a comeback of sorts critically, autobiographical lyrics plus proof that she never runs out of the perfect pop singles)

The One feat. Stevie Nicks
(How often do you get the nod plus collaboration from Stevie Nicks? :grinthumb)

So yes, Vanessa is a very talented artist and SHE's HOT TOO!!!!! If you'll forgive me I'll exit this thread the same way I began. Drooling!!!!!

vanessa-carlton-18.jpg

:omg::bow::D

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Vanessa Carlton Thread

She is brilliant! Very clear crystal voice. Probably two of my favorite songs from her was "Walk a thousand miles" and "white houses" Don't drool to much :tongue: hehehehe

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

She is brilliant! Very clear crystal voice. Probably two of my favorite songs from her was "Walk a thousand miles" and "white houses" Don't drool to much :tongue: hehehehe

First I've heard of her .................... like what I hear :)

@Limpy-I think her voice is a little subjective to each listener. I can almost see why some wouldn't like it as it has a little bit of a whine but I agree with you in liking it myself. In songs like White Houses though she definitely has that clearness! As far as drooing, I "was" going into the thread as a gentleman but I lost myself while searching for a picture. I have a thing for piano goddesses and Vanessa like myself has aged pretty well! :heheh:

@Sunny-Well this thread has already accomplished more than I thought! :grinthumb She's very talented and I recommend you check out more Sunny if you like what you hear! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So while this thread is running let's get the current up and running! Here's Vanessa's new single! Very enchanting! :grinthumb

41HGsOyR86L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

It makes me want to close my eyes and take me some place somewhere else.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I've had the new album for about a week and have been lettingit sink in and it's growing on me moreand more! Here are some of the new Vanessa songs I'm digging! :grinthumb

Rabbits On The Run
Vanessa-Carlton-Rabbits-On-The-Run.jpg

Hear The Bells
(awesome song, love the echoing mystical quality to it, the heavy plunking piano notes, the bassy quality, the flourish of harmonious vocals)

Get Good
(has a very classic feel to it, I love the feel of this one)

In The End
(nice epic classical sounding track to end the album)

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

The first song "Hear the Bells" feels very atmospheric. I do like the build up towards the end when all you can hear is the piano for a period of time and then her voice's comes back in. Took me a while to get in to it, but I was very much digging it.

The next song "Get Good" as soon as I started listening to it, it felt like their was a slight country hit to it when she sang.

But the last song "In the End" was setting that same atmospheric feel to it as "Hear the Bells" but darker. But from that small samples of songs from that album, I feel like their is a little journey in each song that she is telling.

btw....."Hear the Bells" is the favorite!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Limpy, atmospheric is the perfect word for it! :grinthumb I also see the Country vibe you were hearing in "Get Good"! I was kind of hearing an old folky 60's vibe but I always hear a Collective Soul vibe in the chords! :grinthumb You are also right about "Hear The Bells" and "In The End" has that same quality. The album kind of was very atmospheric in general. It also has some very poppy melodies as well! It's seriously a huge growth of an album without sacrificing what old fans would've loved about her work! :grinthumb The single "Carousel" listed a couple post back is very sweet and poppy! Here's the other ones that balance the album. The sweeter sunnier side! :grinthumb

Fairweather Friends

Dear California

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Great new songs! When I started listening to "Fair Weather Friends" I was waiting for that moment! and then the drums and violins came in and just lifted the song to a whole new level, and changed the way I felt and listen to it! It's very catch! Let's drink cheap wine on a airplane to it :p (lyrics from the song)

The next song "Dear California" I enjoyed the build up at the start but after that it mellowed out! It felt rather light and airy! Maybe a slight country feel to the music. But I still love the first song as the favorite! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online